• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PS3 does not recognize the mp4 file

foredogg

I've followed the steps from someone's post on step by steps for creating PS3 movies. However, I've tried using anydvd and using the Sony PS3 H264 selection in CloneDVDmobile.

When I go to the PS3 and look in the directory where I saved the file, the PS3 does not find or recognize the mp4 file. It does see, however, the avi movies I have but it gives an error that it doesn't support that file type.

Did I miss something? Is there something that needs to be loaded onto the PS3 first so it recognizes mp4 files?

Thanks!

Last edited:
How are you getting the mp4 from the computer to the PS3? If on a USB thumb drive you'll need to make a "VIDEO" folder and put your mp4 file in it, then it will play directly from the flash drive. If you are copying it to the PS3 hard drive use the copy function on the PS3. Highlight the movie title then push the green triangle button and select copy.

PS3 does not recognize all of my MP4 files

I've been having same issues. I use AnyDVD to rip DVD to hard drive. then use Hanbrake to convert it to MP4 files. I've used it in the past to watch MP4 files from the PS3 but for some reason I'm not able to do this anymore. Did you resolve these issues and if so please leave a post because I'm about to lose it here....PS3 does see most of my MP4 files but the lastest ones are unrecognize file but from the PC they play just fine. Can I update the codec files on the PS3?

Last edited:
Just use the iPad preset, the .m4v will play fine on the PS3.

Just use the iPad preset, the .m4v will play fine on the PS3.

That's with CloneDVD Mobile, and not Handbrake, correct? Because Bigred1969 is using Handbrake. Just making sure nothing get's confused, because Bigred1969 didn't mention CloneDVD Mobile. :cool:

No that's with HB, with CloneDVDmobile 1.8.0.6 the PS3 preset works well.
I just did The Lorax for the grand kids this morning with CDM.

PS3 can play MP4 video files with extension of .mp4 with video codec of MPEG-4 AVC H.264 /Xvid/DivX and audio codec of AAC. There are still some other MP4 video files are unsupported like MPEG-4 ASP.

As MPEG-4 AVC H.264 codec, support is limited to the following specifications:

AVC Profile: Baseline, Main or High Profiles
Maximum bitrate: None specified. However, if bitrate is above 20Mbps, stuttering will occur when playback
AVC Level: 4.2
No B-Pyramid and P4x4 support
4GB limit for streaming H.264 files

If your files does not meet these demands, the MP4 files will not appear on the PS3. I know a quite good guide to play all the MP4 files on PS3, you can type "step by step guide to successfully play MP4 on PS3" in Google to get it.

Back