Protected Audio Path, PowerDVD 17 and UHD 4k Blu-ray discs

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by etc6849, May 14, 2017.

1. etc6849

etc6849 Active Member

So I want to be sure of how AnyDVD HD will work after I rebuy another lifetime version.

I tried PowerDVD 17 to decode my audio, but it down mixes it to 16 bit.

If I install AnyDVD will it modify PDVD to stop checking for a protected audiologist path?

I am concerned about 4k UHD disc playback. Hoping AnyDVD HD modifies the dll files or some part of the player like it does for cinavia so that I'll get 24 bit audio for 4k UHD Blu-ray disc playback?

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

AnyDVD doesn't touch the audio at all, it never has. Any down mixing is solely a PowerDVD problem.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

3. etc6849

etc6849 Active Member

I am not asking that. I am asking can it trick or modify the player to not downmix decoded audio to 16 bit ( big difference).

It clearly modifies PowerDVD to avoid cinavia detection. Just not sure what other PowerDVD hacks it does.

4. Ch3vr0n

It doesn't modify anything in PowerDVD, it simply prevents its cinavia dectection routine from working, on-the-fly. No files are actually modified. So no it can't, and never could. That's not what anydvd is designed to do. I'm afraid you'll have to ask cyberlink.

5. etc6849

etc6849 Active Member

What would I ask them? To violate their licensing agreements? It downgrades audio because the path is not protected right?

]

6. hadar

hadar Well-Known Member

Turn off TrueTheater Audio. (Click the eye symbol left to the play button and uncheck audio enhancement.)

7. nebostrangla

nebostrangla Well-Known Member

AnyDvDHD will work just as it ALWAYS HAS before the demise of Slysoft it is still the same great software we've come to know and love over the years.
    Exception would be any NEW features added by the Devs since it's resurrection by RedFox.

Now as for the PDVD question.
    If and when AnyDvDHD is able to decrypt AACS v2 (The AACS version required for UHD) then it will be able to do what you want it to do for PDVD.
    The reason it can do this for BD/DVD is because of no encryption being present because AnyDvDHD is running and decrypting the media "on-the-fly" . Or your using a decrypted ISO or some other decrypted source.
    So therefore it doesn't need any "protected" path and PDVD doesn't have to downconvert the audio/video output.
    You can try to use the option posted here and see if that helps you.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    whatever_gong82 likes this.
  8. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

No, but PowerDVD sees an unprotected (no AACS, no BD+, nothing) disc, so it may be kind and stop to worry about protected audio path, as their AACS license agreement would allow this. TMT (may it rest in peace) did exactly that, no downsampling with AnyDVD running. Not sure about PowerDVD, I usually let it output the bitstream. But you can check it yourself with the AnyDVD trial version.

9. James

AnyDVD does not support 4k UHD disc playback. Yet.

nilsman, imhh1 and etc6849 like this.
  10. James

This is a little contradiction, don't you think? PowerDVD will not stop detecting Cinavia by simply looking at it... ;)
    This is true.

whatever_gong82 and nebostrangla like this.
  11. etc6849

etc6849 Active Member

So the way you said yet, makes me hopeful... I will try the trial when I can and obviously may pay $150 "yet" again :)

12. etc6849

etc6849 Active Member

Thanks again. Makes total sense. I don't use an AV processor anymore, so can't bitstream. Actually removed it for better sound. Now using a 16 channel RME AES card feeding some Xilica XD4080 speaker processors (tri-amping my fronts, etc...).

Although I think there might be hdmi sound cards that would keep a protected path, I haven't seen one that supports hdcp 2.2.

My money is waiting to support you guys again though :)

13. Serg1004

Serg1004 Member

You can delete PowerDVD (or keep it :) ), and set-up ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre v5 (not 6 which detect Cinavia). With all plagins (like 3D etc), it works better then PowerDVD. I have official PowerDVD 16, it's full crap, really. If you will problems - where to find it - search (mod edit: torrent tracker url removed - Ch3vr0n)

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2017
  14. Ch3vr0n

@Serg1004

Works better? Hardly both of those haven't received an update in YEARS and both products have been dropped by arcsoft development. There's multiple posts by users that they have issues with TMT and when going to powerdvd they were gone.

Now a word of warning. This will be your first and ONLY warning do NOT post any more torrent tracker URLs on these forums or ask for AnyDVD to support uhd so you can get more pirated movie downloads like your Smurfs 2. It WILL get you banned! I suggest you reread the forum rules.

I will NOT repeat this a second time.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

15. BrianG61UK

BrianG61UK Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure PowerDVD isn't doing that because it's required to do so, rather just because it's not designed well.