• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Proposal for future Reclock setting(s)

Anime Viewer

Before I make my proposal for settings I'll explain my system and settings, and explain why I think the settings I'm going to propose might be a good addition to Reclock. (Most of my videos I watch using a combination of MPC-HC or MPC-BE along with madVR,LAV video, LAV audio, LAV splitter, XYsubfilter, and Reclock). I have two screens that I vary my video watching on. One is a TV that supports 60hz, 59hz, 30hz, 29hz, 24hz, 23hz. The second is the built in screen on my notebook/laptop which supports only 60hz and 59hz. When watching videos using the TV screen Recolock tends to work pretty well most the time. madVR's devices -> display modes settings changes the refresh rate of the screen to a setting close to the video source speed. Reclock then adapts the media to a speed close to the refresh rate (in most cases). The problem is when watching on the notebook/laptop where Reclock often changes the media to a speed that doesn't fit well with the monitor's refresh rate. For example on a video stream with a refresh rate of 23.976 the media will playback at 24.000 fps, the icon in the tray will appear and yellow or red during the entirety of playback, and the experience is less than optimal. If I go up and set the drop down box under media infos to 30fps (or 60fps) then media will be adapted to that speed, the icon will display as green, and things will tend to run smoothly.

I propose adding a setting/feature that detects the screen's refresh rate. (Which is already detected and displayed as the refresh rate under the video hardware area of Reclock Properties). If it detects the refresh rate as 59hz or 60hz it would set the media infos fps drop down box to an even divisor of the screen's refresh rate. (In this case 30 fps, or 60 fps). Preferably whatever is closest to the source videos fps to keep the experience as close to the original content as possible. (In this case that would be 30 fps). Perhaps call the feature something like screen refresh rate video adaption, and add a check box to enable or disable it dependent on the users whims.

Does a feature/setting like that seem plausible to add to Reclock?

Last edited:
Hi There,

Before I make my proposal for settings I'll explain my system and settings, and explain why I think the settings I'm going to propose might be a good addition to Reclock. (Most of my videos I watch using a combination of MPC-HC or MPC-BE along with madVR,LAV video, LAV audio, LAV splitter, XYsubfilter, and Reclock). I have two screens that I vary my video watching on. One is a TV that supports 60hz, 59hz, 30hz, 29hz, 24hz, 23hz. The second is the built in screen on my notebook/laptop which supports only 60hz and 59hz. When watching videos using the TV screen Recolock tends to work pretty well most the time. madVR's devices -> display modes settings changes the refresh rate of the screen to a setting close to the video source speed. Reclock then adapts the media to a speed close to the refresh rate (in most cases). The problem is when watching on the notebook/laptop where Reclock often changes the media to a speed that doesn't fit well with the monitor's refresh rate. For example on a video stream with a refresh rate of 23.976 the media will playback at 24.000 fps, the icon in the tray will appear and yellow or red during the entirety of playback, and the experience is less than optimal. If I go up and set the drop down box under media infos to 30fps (or 60fps) then media will be adapted to that speed, the icon will display as green, and things will tend to run smoothly.

So, your actually lying to poor ReClock? You shouldn't lie to your friends! :)

Jokes aside, I don't know why this lie should make playback more smoothly, as ReClock will do its speed calculation based on a wrong precondition. Maybe you are just fooled by the icon being "green"?
Do you have "guess a better media speed when hardware refresh rates do not match" ticked or unticked in ReClock settings?

Do you have "guess a better media speed when hardware refresh rates do not match" ticked or unticked in ReClock settings?

I'm guessing I may be in an incorrect screen because I do not see a "guess a better media speed when hardware refresh rates do not match" box. In the ReClock Properties screen I have:

A media infos section with a drop down box. Set to Automatic
A clocks correction section with a "Slave reference clock to audio (debugging only)" button. Unchecked
A media adaption section with "Speed:" set to "Auto (best)", a locked button Unchecked, and a PAL SpeedDown (force to 24fps) button Unchecked
A sound adaption section with "Use DSound resampling (not recommended)", "Mute sound", and "Enable sound compressor:" all unchecked. There is also a grayed out PAL SpeedDown button.
A Vsync adaption section with everything unchecked and grayed out.

I'm guessing I may be in an incorrect screen because I do not see a "guess a better media speed when hardware refresh rates do not match" box. In the ReClock Properties screen I have:

Yes, it is called "Configure ReClock", sorry.

Yes, it is called "Configure ReClock", sorry.

Ah, now I found it, and in answer to your question in ReClock Configuration -> Video settings (tab) -> General (section) "Guess a better media speed when hardware refresh rate does not match" was already checked.

Back