"Prohibited User Operations" doesn't work on a number of DVDs

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Roxy, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Roxy

Roxy Well-Known Member

I recently made personal backups of a number DVDs by creating an ISO image. When watching the ISO images on a different machine I notice that the prohibited user operations have not been removed from the data in the ISO file.

Attached please find a log file of a disk I just found this issue with.

Attached Files:

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

That setting doesn't always work. If I remember correctly, clips where it doesn't work on usually don't have a 'next chapter' mark it 'end title' mark or something. Hence the uop fails. What exactly isn't working uop wise, what can't you do?

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

3. Roxy

Roxy Well-Known Member

I noticed there are trailers, like e.g. a production company's promo clip, which I cannot fast forward, i.e. I cannot find the timeline position marker in PowerDVD to scroll to another position. That's usually the case with prohibited content.

BTW: I didn't get a notification e-mail about your reply although I subscribed to this thread. Strange ...

4. Roxy

Roxy Well-Known Member

@Ch3vr0n: Did my answer to your question shed some light on the issue? Or is it rather the case that, like you have suggested, it's by design?

5. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

I haven't had time to find a title yet where the problem exhibits. Too busy irl

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk