• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Programming interface

bigdude

I have been working on multimedia library software and I would like to integrate my program with AnyDVD. I have seen other applications detect and interact with AnyDVD and I was wondering how that could be done. Is there a published API (or DeviceIOControl interface) that can be used ?

Specifically I would like to detect AnyDVD, disable and re-enable it, and if possible turn certain options on and off that affect the Directshow DVDID functions.

If the interface is documented somewhere, please let me know...

Use this post to use a tool to disable and enable AnyDVD via commandline.

I don't see how AnyDVD would affect Directshow DVDID functions but there isn't any published API calls.

effect on DirectShow

Thank you for your help. I think the problems I have sen with DirectShow are actually the result of the 'on-the-fly' modifications made to the IFO files. Essentially Directshow has a function to retreive a DVDID, they seem to work by parsing the IFO files and generating a CRC64 in a typical MS secret undocumented manner... If AnyDVD is removing things like PUOs the function does not work. As far as I know that is the only interaction, but the DVDID has proven the best key for media lookup so not having it makes things awkward for a media library app.

Hopefully the info in the post will help me get past that issue... More control would be nice, but disabling/enabling should get me through the main issue.

Thanks for your help.

Back