• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Program that can download Netflix (may be useful to take a look at to fix anystream Netflix)

Dijitul

I've been testing various Netflix downloaders that I have on my PC to see which ones still have the ability to download from the service, and I've found that FlixGrab+ (won't put link per forum rules, but it's not the one from freegrabapp) is still able to grab videos, (up to 1080p and DDP 5.1 audio), albeit in relatively low quality since it transcodes and stuff after it downloads, but importantly, still works for some reason. I just want to mention this if it could somehow be of use to the anystream team, maybe they can take a look at it and see how it works, something like that. Hopefully this is ok to post in this section. That is all.

That flixgrab thing isn't a downloader, it's a screen recorder. Eventually different thing. An explained in the sticky.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I've been testing various Netflix downloaders that I have on my PC to see which ones still have the ability to download from the service, and I've found that FlixGrab+ (won't put link per forum rules, but it's not the one from freegrabapp) is still able to grab videos, (up to 1080p and DDP 5.1 audio), albeit in relatively low quality since it transcodes and stuff after it downloads, but importantly, still works for some reason. I just want to mention this if it could somehow be of use to the anystream team, maybe they can take a look at it and see how it works, something like that. Hopefully this is ok to post in this section. That is all.
I am pretty sure they are aware of all the competitive products but thank you for your suggestion.

That flixgrab thing isn't a downloader, it's a screen recorder. Eventually different thing. An explained in the sticky.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
It actually is a downloader, not a screen recorder. Looking into the application, it stands clear that freegrabapp is actually using a WidevineCDM with what may be a private device key embedded somewhere in the codebase. I was for a very long time wondering how they did the downloading and there's a lot of libraries, including a few other files that is an indication of this. By also taking a look in the directories where the files are stored, there are normally a collection of tmp files where the first tmp1-file is the encoded videostream (by means, playing that stream gives a blank video). After a while, several files are written - from tmp3 and up, there are a lot of audio files and those files are never starting at tmp2 for where the decoded video stream resides when the downloading are finalized and about to get merged.

It is regardless of this, very inefficient and extremely slow. Slower than it actually has to be, but as it seems this is very much depending on the encoding (compression) rather than the downloading itself.

Back