• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

program download speed

X3rx3s

am i the only one getting only 40KB/s downloading AS? is it in that much demand or is there something wrong?
ive rebooted my router and my pc and im still only getting a few KB/s....about an hour for the 100MB download it says

and now its dead....cant get any movement on downloading AS
i still have connection in forum though obviously

and now its back at a much faster speed....2 mins left....thanks for the fix if this isnt coincidentaal :D

in the US, I am getting 40Mbs on HM, 25Mbs AP sometimes 45Mbs, NF 15-25Mbs. My service is rated about 800Mbs and these numbers out of their servers look great.

in the US, I am getting 40Mbs on HM, 25Mbs AP sometimes 45Mbs, NF 15-25Mbs. My service is rated about 800Mbs and these numbers out of their servers look great.

i was referring to downloading version 1.3.0.0 from the download servers...not the download speed of media through AS.....it was going to take about an hour to download the 100MB AS software at around 40KB/s while all other internet content downloaded normally

i was referring to downloading version 1.3.0.0 from the download servers...not the download speed of media through AS.....it was going to take about an hour to download the 100MB AS software at around 40KB/s while all other internet content downloaded normally

I have been pulling down install files from Redfox since the beginning of Redfox and not had that issue. That's not to diminish that you are having a problem but there is always a reason for such things. Whenever I do have odd things go on like that I generally find it was me doing something silly on my firewall or DNS filtering. That's just my experience.

i did a full network reboot that includes router and pc...it had been working fine in the past......after reboot it continued to be slow, then it stopped altogether meaning i had no bit flow whatsoever, i had canceled download and started fresh several times aand continued to have no movement...until said change which brought it up to just under 1MB/s....problem solved whether it was some weird fluke or possible server overload or glitch...i had changed no settings on my end through all of this

i did a full network reboot that includes router and pc...it had been working fine in the past......after reboot it continued to be slow, then it stopped altogether meaning i had no bit flow whatsoever, i had canceled download and started fresh several times aand continued to have no movement...until said change which brought it up to just under 1MB/s....problem solved whether it was some weird fluke or possible server overload or glitch...i had changed no settings on my end through all of this
I have the same problem. I've upgraded to 1.3.0.0 as of last night and the program hangs. It may just be me, but it will make any other video downloading program hang as well. When I force closed anystream, my other video downloaders started responding again. It's not a download speed for me. In my case it's the upgraded anystream software that's hanging which causes it to only download a few MB, then pause for a long time, then grab a little more, then pause again. It looks like it's only downloading a few kb/s, but that's the visual result I have due to the program freezing up momentarily. When I tried to cancel any process, it took a couple of minutes hovering over the file for the cancel button to appear, then clicking on it causes the anystream window to say "not responding" for about a minute, then the popup to confirm comes up, click yes to confirm, then wait another minute due to not responding, then it closes. The craziest part though, is that it's affecting my other two downloaders when the program is open. When it's closed, the others run fine. It's the unresponsiveness to all of them that anystream appears to be causing. Again, it may just be me but it's happening on both of my computers I just upgraded to 1.3.0.0.. I'm wondering if anystream is taking priority in a shared .dll or other shared file somewhere. That would be the only thing I can think of. I've attached my recent log from last night. Hopefully this helps.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.3.0.0.astlog
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
I have the same problem. I've upgraded to 1.3.0.0 as of last night and the program hangs. It may just be me, but it will make any other video downloading program hang as well. When I force closed anystream, my other video downloaders started responding again. It's not a download speed for me. In my case it's the upgraded anystream software that's hanging which causes it to only download a few MB, then pause for a long time, then grab a little more, then pause again. It looks like it's only downloading a few kb/s, but that's the visual result I have due to the program freezing up momentarily. When I tried to cancel any process, it took a couple of minutes hovering over the file for the cancel button to appear, then clicking on it causes the anystream window to say "not responding" for about a minute, then the popup to confirm comes up, click yes to confirm, then wait another minute due to not responding, then it closes. The craziest part though, is that it's affecting my other two downloaders when the program is open. When it's closed, the others run fine. It's the unresponsiveness to all of them that anystream appears to be causing. Again, it may just be me but it's happening on both of my computers I just upgraded to 1.3.0.0.. I'm wondering if anystream is taking priority in a shared .dll or other shared file somewhere. That would be the only thing I can think of. I've attached my recent log from last night. Hopefully this helps.

I'm using AS 1.3.0.0 and another downloader at the same time and getting around 20MB/s in both of them and CPU at 7%, but I guess it depends on what system resources you have. If you're using a spinning hard drive instead of an SSD that can be a big bottleneck with more than one process accessing data or if you don't have a multi-core CPU that could cause an impact since AS can use multiple threads for processes which allows downloading multiple providers at the same time.

The OP reported an issue downloading the new version of AS from RF and not an issue downloading movies from within AS. I have had slow downloads of new updates but I don't think I have ever had it that slow or ever had the download stall. It could have just been a temporary server/hosting issue or a network issue somewhere between the OP's computer and the RF server. But it sounds like it cleared up after a while. :)

what you guys are experiencing is altogether different that what i was posting about...DQ, kevins72, and possibly carlos325 got it right....the rest of you are talking about something else since it pertains to download speed from content providers.....my problem was just getting the 1.3.0.0 installer and the issue has since resolved itself (though i havnt tried downloading it since i was successful)...i was also in the middle of a winter wind storm when it occurred so it could have been something local too

Back