Profile and Device Setting Windows do not appear

Discussion in 'CloneCD' started by JarHead100, Apr 20, 2007.

1. JarHead100

JarHead100 Active Member

At the risk of making a total fool of my self, I have what is hopefully a simple question. The Help file with Clone CD v5.3.0.1 explains a Profiles windows and a Device Window. I can't seem to find either of those functions. I downloaded the trail version of Clone CD, installed it, purchase the software, and then installed the Reg Key file. But those two options do not appear. Would someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks..

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

There's only one profile for dvds.

For device settings, you just right click on your drive and choose "edit". But I would really leave that alone
    if I were you.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  3. JarHead100

JarHead100 Active Member

I truely apologize....the Help file shows 5 preset profiles and explains the use of the device window. Are these options only available when you have a source CD inserted? I currently have a source DVD inserted and neither option appears. And, neither option appears if I have no source media inserted. I'm just trying to learn the functionality of Clone CD. I only see 4 profiles; Read, Write, Copy, and Erase. The Help file shows 5 profiles, with one being disabled in the U.S.; Audio, Data, Game, MultiMedia Audio, and Protected PC Game. The Help file also explains the use of the Device Settings Window. How do I get the Profiles window and the Device window to appear?

4. Webslinger

Yes, for cds only

As I said previously, the "device" is the optical drive, which you right click on--and then select "edit"

Those aren't profiles; that's the main menu.

I think the help file is outdated. Nothing should be disabled.

Choose something to do from the main screen with an original disc in your reader.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  5. JarHead100

JarHead100 Active Member

As usual, I'm dumber than a box of rocks! Thank you once again for your help. Also, I took to heart your advice and experience and purchased Clone CD. I now use Clone CD for +R DL and Clone DVD 2 or the occasional +R. I also agree that all options should be enabled, and, the Help files need to be updated and elaborate a little more on functionality that isn't so intuitive to a new user; i.e., such as my reason for this thread. I could have played with this for hours trying to find the options described in the Help file, because I rarely work with CDs...I am in your debt Webslinger.....

6. Webslinger

For Clonecd and Verbatim +R DL media use this guide to backup movies

Good luck!