• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Professional Version?

Captain_caveman2k

Hi Guys,

Any chance of a professional version of CloneDVD that incorporates the features of CloneDVD mobile.

I've not purchased the mobile edition simply because I hate having multiple pieces of software that have similar functionality.

I would love to be able to stick a DVD in my machine and not worry about whether I'm ripping it to another DVD, an ISO, Divx etc... I just want to be backup my disk to another format.

Cheers for listening and keep up the great work

Steve

Bump.

I agree completely with Capn Cavedude about the desire for a program which mixes capabilities of CloneDVD and CloneDVDMobile. I'd pay extra for ability to use an interface like CloneDVD's to select the titles, audio tracks and subtitles that I want to include, and an interface (and capability) like CloneDVDMobile's to create a file other than a conventional dvd.

In my particular situation, if I could, I'd use this program (the "Pro version" in the Capn's vision) to make Divx 6 encoded files which have multiple audio (for my family: English, plus, if available, French and the Director's commentary) and multiple subtitles (English and French if available).

I'm not pleased with the way CloneDVDMobile currently handles audio tracks (pick one; the rest be damned) and subtitles (pick one to burn into the image, so can never be turned off in the player; no ability choose multiple subtitles). On the other hand, CloneDVD lets you do that (choose multiple audio and subtitle tracks), but it will only burn to a conventional dvd, an ISO of a conventional dvd or a set of dvd files (VOBs and IFOs) to the hard drive.

I'm with the Cap'n on this one. I bought and paid for AnyDVD, CloneDVD2 and CloneDVDMobile (not to mention a wheelbarrow load of other's video tools). I'd gladly pay -- ok... I'd pay, but maybe not gladly -- for a "pro version" which lets me pick and choose between titles, audio tracks and subtitles, then lets me burn them to the file format, container, resolution, etc., etc., etc. of my choosing.

Any while I'm on a rant anyway... it bugs me that I own a licensed copy of Divx 6 Pro, but I can't get CloneDVDMobile (much less CloneDVD2) to use it -- and the extra features it offers -- in place of whatever codec CloneDVDMobile currently uses.

As Slysoft is the official developer of Clonedvd mobile--and Elaborate Bytes is the official developer of Clonedvd, I'm not sure how likely this request will ever happen.

i believe the fact that you can only select 1 audio track and only have permanent subs on a divx file is that fault of the format. as far as i know the .avi file has an audio track and a video track, with the subtitles either burned in or not. ive never seen a .avi or other divx file that has more than one audio/video track.

i believe the fact that you can only select 1 audio track and only have permanent subs on a divx file is that fault of the format. as far as i know the .avi file has an audio track and a video track, with the subtitles either burned in or not. ive never seen a .avi or other divx file that has more than one audio/video track.

Divx 6 supports up to eight [8] individual audio tracks, multiple subtitle sets and the ability to turn subtitles on and off, chapters and menus. However, to get those features, I think that you must use the paid ("Pro") Divx 6 codec from Divx.com. None of the public/GNU Xvid codecs support those features.

The tools from Divx are not as userfriendly as CloneDVDMobile or CloneDVD2. You can use AnyDVD and the Divx Pro toolset to do what I want, but not in an automatic way. There is no easy interface like CloneDVDMobile and CloneDVD2 where you select the desired titles, audio tracks and subtitles sets, then just click "GO" and, voila!, get a Divx file with all you want. The Divx Pro Codec can do it. It's just a pain to do it with the Divx tools. CloneDVDMobile or CloneDVD2 could do it, if they'd just provide support for the Divx 6 codec (which users would be required to buy separately).

With Divx, the idea of a usable home video on demand library is suddenly possible. Taking a DVD9 and ripping it to a 1 or 2gb AVI file with menus, chapters, multiple audio tracks and subtitles seems like an obvious goal. Suddenly a file server / NAS to serve up an entire video collection seems like an easy deal. And I have to believe that serving a 1.5gb file in 90 minutes is a lot easier on your network than serving a 7gb file in 90 minutes. However, I don't want to give up the features only available with Divx 6, namely chapters, menus, multiple subtitles and multiple audio tracks.

i agree it would be nice to have an advanced option to toggle 3rd party codecs in cdvdm.

i didnt know that divx could support that much. gonna have to check it out :agree:

Back