• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Process Cannot Access File

orobin89

Within a second of starting an HD-DVD rip to hard disk the following error message appears

Error writing file
\path\filename
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

OS is Vista SP1, drive is LG - GGC H20L. Logfile is attached. Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_H_2001_A_SPACE_ODYSSEY_HD_DVD.zip
    18.4 KB · Views: 5
  • error message.jpg
    error message.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 10
can you see whats trying to use the file maybe its another media player. if you dont see anything running check the task manager and see if anything is gong on there and have you ever thought of making an ISO instead of ripping to the hard drive? also what version of powerdvd are you using ?

Found Solution

I did some further research with the help of ProcessMonitor and was able to determine that Kaspersky Antivirus was the cause of the sharing violation. I shut it down and that fixed the problem.

I did some further research with the help of ProcessMonitor and was able to determine that Kaspersky Antivirus was the cause of the sharing violation. I shut it down and that fixed the problem.

I'm glad you figured out the problem and thanks for letting us all know. :)

Back