• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with The Messengers DVD from Sony

I see what the problem is, copy made from Clonedvd resulted in a dvd that was 3.3gigs thus explaining why the main movie is so pixelated, copy made from dvdfab gave a dvd of 3.1 gigs same problem (too much compression for some reason, not sure if sony has gone beyond just encryption to include some method of compression problems now). Used Dvd shrink and it gave the right result using 4.3 of the dvd.

I see what the problem is, copy made from Clonedvd resulted in a dvd that was 3.3gigs thus explaining why the main movie is so pixelated, copy made from dvdfab gave a dvd of 3.1 gigs same problem (too much compression for some reason, not sure if sony has gone beyond just encryption to include some method of compression problems now). Used Dvd shrink and it gave the right result using 4.3 of the dvd.

Yeah, this issue appears to be very similar to The Queen Region 2 with full disc backups. I'm going to have to create a new sticky thread for these types of discs.

Edit: new sticky thread is over here

Last edited:
why buy clone?

Just a heads up on this one when you back it up you will think everything worked just fine until you watch it. I used anydvd and clonedvd the first time around and I always back up the whole disc previews,menus etc. It turned out very grainy/pixelated. So I thought maybe it was bad media. Until I veiwed the files on my hard drive they were the same way. So I put the original disc back in to take a look and the picture was perfect. So I tried anydvd and nero recode no good. Then I tried anydvd and dvdshrink and it came out perfect. I am sure Sony is just trying something new to screw things up.

Slysoft is fixing everything to work with shrink so well clone don't work no more...LOL...think I'll go back to shrink and scrap clone....problems every week now...shrink has become flawless

The Messengers not working with CloneDVD

Now, I usually use DVD Shrink for backing up my dvds but just this once I thought I'd use CloneDVD just to see what the fuss is about.

I tried to backup The Messengers using AnyDVD with CloneDVD but the picture came out poor quality and out of focus using a Verbatim disc, I never had a bad disk before so I tried using DVD Shrink with AnyDVD and it came out perfect,guess Clone just wasnt up to handling the job like the old and free stand by DVD Shrink.

Last edited:
Slysoft is fixing everything to work with shrink so well clone don't work no more...LOL...think I'll go back to shrink and scrap clone....problems every week now...shrink has become flawless
Time to throw out Shrink support tomorrow. :mad:

No Problem...

Now, I usually use DVD Shrink for backing up my dvds but just this once I thought I'd use CloneDVD just to see what the fuss is about.

I tried to backup The Messengers using AnyDVD with CloneDVD but the picture came out poor quality and out of focus using a Verbatim disc, I never had a bad disk before so I tried using DVD Shrink with AnyDVD and it came out perfect,guess Clone just wasnt up to handling the job like the old and free stand by DVD Shrink.

I got a perfect back up with CloneDvd 2909 by selecting Main Movie Title Only...on a Verbatim +R media @ 16X....

shrink support

I've always been the one singing the praises of clone v.s. shrink to the anger of the shrunken heads....but now that the companies have targeted clone exclusively maybe you should keep clone around just as a fake target and keep supporting shrink...clone's so crappy now that it's pointless trying anymore...it has had menu problems with catch and quality issues on release queen r2, and now messenger r1...shrink even has a better picture...i wasn't positive that it was better, but now i'm sure after viewing messenger...bye bye clone

I've always been the one singing the praises of clone v.s. shrink to the anger of the shrunken heads....but now that the companies have targeted clone exclusively maybe you should keep clone around just as a fake target and keep supporting shrink...clone's so crappy now that it's pointless trying anymore...it has had menu problems with catch and quality issues on release queen r2, and now messenger r1...shrink even has a better picture...i wasn't positive that it was better, but now i'm sure after viewing messenger...bye bye clone

Really, you are not required to use one or the other. The more good usable programs you have at you disposal, the better. We use these programs and then problems are reported here or on other forums, then it is the developers job to make changes as required. Slysoft as a whole is by far one of the best at meeting its users needs. :clap: goes to Slysoft and people like Webslinger that are here to help.

IMO, you are doing all Shrink users a disservice with your posts. James, Peer and the others at Slysoft went above and beyond what they should have (again IMO) to help out those that use Shrink. Their product is AnyDVD, not Shrink. They spent time to totally redo AnyDVD to work with a product that is freeware and not updated. If you have suggestions about how to make CloneDVD better, make them, but don't slam their (yes, I know Elaborate Bytes is the real developer) product.

IMO, you are doing all Shrink users a disservice with your posts. James, Peer and the others at Slysoft went above and beyond what they should have (again IMO) to help out those that use Shrink. Their product is AnyDVD, not Shrink. They spent time to totally redo AnyDVD to work with a product that is freeware and not updated. If you have suggestions about how to make CloneDVD better, make them, but don't slam their (yes, I know Elaborate Bytes is the real developer) product.

You are so right mmdavis. Slysoft keep up the good work and don't change a thing I love DVD Shrink. As long as Shrink works I'm happy. Maybe, they should just discontine CloneDVD.

Last edited:
Why is that guy talking like it's the end for clonedvd :disagree: i'm sure James and company will fix this issue and we will be back using clonedvd for the upcoming sony titles :p

I too want to add that CloneDVD2 is top of the line this is an extreme rare that the program has an issue look how long version 2.9.0.3 was out and no real issues. I think it is just a small bug in the program that has just been overlooked.

I thinks if you are doing a full disc backup it would be better to use CloneCD and daul layered discs because you may be compressing too much.

You are so right mmdavis. Slysoft keep up the good work and don't change a thing I love DVD Shrink. As long as Shrink works I'm happy. Maybe, they should just discontine CloneDVD.

Hmmm, I think you missed the point.

I too want to add that CloneDVD2 is top of the line this is an extreme rare that the program has an issue look how long version 2.9.0.3 was out and no real issues. I think it is just a small bug in the program that has just been overlooked.

I would agree, but "The Messengers" being a new Sony release *not* protected by Arccos, I suspect they added something specific to attack CloneDVD's bitrate controller (maybe other programs are affected, too, but I don't know).

We'll look into this, and if we can fix it in a timely fashion, we'll do so, as always.
I just wanted to express my dislike for comments from people like therivetman, which I consider pathetic (the comments, not the people... :p )

I just wanted to express my dislike for comments from people like therivetman, which I consider pathetic (the comments, not the people... :p )

Which was my point.

Hmmm, I think you missed the point.

I agree if slysoft was to discontinue anything I think it should be dvd shrink this was a low blow to James note his quote......

James said:
Time to throw out Shrink support tomorrow. :mad:

So all in all fixing anydvd to work well with dvd shrink due to the structure unsupported ordeal was above and beyond what slysoft really needed to do they simply try to get everyone happy and succeeded ..... I thought, then to only to hear that they should discontinue CloneDVD2 which they do help on and support? Pure shame. :doh:

Maybe, Slysoft should just buy DVD Shrink like they did with CloneDVD and Elaborate Bytes so Shrink can be kept alive and updated. Shrink really is a great little product and I would hate to see it go away.

I would agree, but "The Messengers" being a new Sony release *not* protected by Arccos, I suspect they added something specific to attack CloneDVD's bitrate controller (maybe other programs are affected, too, but I don't know).

We'll look into this, and if we can fix it in a timely fashion, we'll do so, as always.

I have tried one other program and succeeded. You can contact webslinger on that if you want more info as it was another ripper / burner program than clonedvd2. :D You do a great job so keep it up there is never a perfect product all the time especially in a windows environment. :D I think it is just a small bug in clonedvd2 nothing huge unless you only own and depend on clonedvd2.

Back