• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with Taiyo Yuden Disc

customshopkv1

I bought 100 16x +R disc. About 1 in 4 were good. Now I use Fuji 16x +R and have had 3 bad out of 400. I don't seem to have the same results as everyone else. What could be the problem?

At the time I was using:
Sony VRD-VC20 drive
DVD Santa
Taiyo Yuden 16x DVD+R

Now I am using:
Sony VRD-VC20
Clonedvd2
Fuji 16x DVD+R

There has been a lot of Ty discs sold on the cut rate sites that are not genuine Ty's Run some through DVD Info Pro and check the codes.
Fuji (MadeinJapan) are Ty's.

There are fake TY's sold as stated...they also have more than one level of quality, make sure you didn't get the value line. I don't have any experience with these discs and probably never will.

EDIT: Would be useful to provide an MID from the TY's

Are you recording at "maximum" speed, on these 16X discs?
If so, try burning at 8X, and see if that does any better.......
Good luck!

Just to add to the others advice:
Firmware update to on the Sony?

To see if you have genuine TY look for this code for the 16x +R etched by the inner hub (back is easier to read) TH00xxxx - xxx's represent #'s

Just an update.

I updated my firmware.
Used Clonedvd2 to write.
Used YUDEN000T02 Discs at 8x.

Results:
4 out of 4 - NO COASTERS

Thanks for the input, much appreciated!

Glad you are seeing the results you were looking for. 9X out of 10 the problem is due to old firmware or dodgy media.

Cheers

Back