• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

problems with Sony +R DL blank media backups

mechnut450

ok most likey (knowing my luck these questions are slovedd in other post )
as for answering e questions to specs
1) newest version downlaoded today ( trail versions )
2) no burning software outside the version that came with xp
3 a)anydvd 6.1.4.3 clonedvd2 2.9.0.3
b) using the clone dvd 2 burner since my nero6.0 won't work with these
software running
4 a1) eureka seven vol6 b1)region1 c1) released may 8th ( i think )2007

a2)video girl ai b1)region 1 (i think) c1 unknown date relased

5a)dvd burner is a lite-on guerssing the firmware/model number is sohw-1693s
d)windows xp home sp2 build 2600( i think)

6)a brand dvd+r sony 4.7gb dvd+dl are sony 8.5 dl(ver1.1/2.4x)

7lowest speed rate burning 4.7 gb are at 6x 8.5 are at 1x/2.4x

9 problem/ error
on eureka seven the dvd was just locked at the menu no matter what I seleceted but i may have ideal why ( clicked wrong option to presver menus right?) used 4.7 gb dvd

on video girl ai did a full copy with a 8.5 dvd burn when fine ( so the clonedvd2 said ) run though player ( portable ) and plays so far then locks up. look at dvd there is ablank gap about 2/3 of dvd (were nothing was written) and them more data writen. are these possible bugs in the porcess weer they are still on 21 day trail. or is ther a possible issue .. I never had a bad burn on dvds befoer ( burn over 50 ) I am unsure if I will purchase these titles if this a problem ( don't have money to waste on blank media all the time if 3/4 of the burn attemps will be worthless ( dvd dl are not cheap )

not seen the Verbatim +R DL blank media around her lucky i can find any dl media (outside the 3 pack at walmarts) as for the media don't think it the problem it has to be with the software as I used the dvdshrink 3.2 and the nero with no problems .. it just been some of the css protection on a couple seem to be the problem .. that or the feeling that the rom dying ( reader only it has about 2000 hours on it watching too many movies ) caused my imaging problem. as the burner work great with other software just not likeing the anydvd/clone dvd .. must poke around and see if the dvd rom failing on me before I spend too much on software ( might not need it )

as for the media don't think it the problem

Sony +R DL is either the same as Verbatim +R DL (MKM)--or it's really made by Ritek (and this is likely what you're using); Sony +R DL that's made by Ritek is pretty terrible (and I would expect errors if I were using it).

But suit yourself.

well i just got the basics back up i end up formatting the hd . and it looking like a dvdrom needed as this one making a bunch of new noises with each cd/dvd it loads so it about shot . will try anydvd/clonedvd2 later again if i find the ver media and if th e dvd shrink won't reinstall and work.

Sony +R DL is either the same as Verbatim +R DL (MKM)--or it's really made by Ritek (and this is likely what you're using); Sony +R DL that's made by Ritek is pretty terrible (and I would expect errors if I were using it).
How are the Sony -R DVDs? I was thinking about grabbing some of these.

There is a separate section of SSF for discussion of blank media. However I would like to make the general comment that the "freshman" backup enthusiast's concept that all DVD media on the shelf is probably of similar quality like cassette tape or flashlight batteries is very wrong. Blank media manufacturing requires a very exacting manufacturing process and most "brands" available in stores don't measure up! They choose the cheap way out and many stores don't allow returns of media or the consumer never bothers to return them for refund. I don't understand how some brands have avoided a class action suit based on bad quality!

"Around here" shopping in retail stores is a way bad way of obtaining quality media. Stores carry the brands that have the best distribution & manufacturing wholesale bulk purchasing deals and retailer incentives for the store's purchasing departments. This is without regard for proven quality or regard for you the buyer. Sometimes Verbatim is included in their buying and sometimes not.

At this point in time one should focus on Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim for quality burns and burned media disk storage longevity.

One must give up the idea of convenient nearby shopping in favor of ordering quality media via trusted website stores such as rima.com and meritline.com etc etc. Buy in bulk.

Whisperer

Last edited:
One must give up the idea of convenient nearby shopping in favor of ordering quality media via trusted website stores such as rima.com and meritline.com etc etc. Buy in bulk.

Whisperer

There is also Supermediastore.com and Newegg.com as well.

Fair enough. I'll check the above sites for a good price on -R Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden DVDs (although I've never heard of Taiyo Yuden).

Thanks, guys!

Fair enough. I'll check the above sites for a good price on -R Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden DVDs (although I've never heard of Taiyo Yuden).

Thanks, guys!

From Supermediasore, the TY Premium 8x -R are the best, you can find them here. For +R DL the Verbatim are the best, you can find them here.

Back