• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with reading/copying Japanese DVDs from the same company/Any DVD HD updates

LibraJohnny

Hello. I've got a lot of DVDs from a Japanese company and noticed I couldn't read or copy the dvds, despite the disc region is 2 (I'm french). Thanks to AnyDVD, I could have solved this problem until recently.

Indeed, the latest DVD I bought couldn't be read or copied with a former Any DVD Hd version. I know the problem doesn't come from the disc, since I could read it without any problem on my DVD reader on my TV.

I downloaded the latest version of Any DVD Hd and I noticed some progress, but it's not fully perfect: now I can read the dvd on my laptop (but not on my PC, even with the latest version of Any DVD Hd), but I still can't copy it.

More, with Any DVD Hd, when I try to search for the css, it makes the logiciel bug and I can't even not create a log file to analyze the problem. It even marks my reader empty despite the fact I can read the dvd (on my laptop).

I think the latest DVDs of this japanese company updated their anti-copy system on dvd and Any DVD Hd cannot recognize them yet. Would there be a way to solve the problem?

what do you mean "when i try to search for the css'?

I meant to search for the css key to read the disc. But when it began to scan the disc, it bugs and Any DVD HD is unactivated.

You mean the anydvd fox tray icon disappears from the system tray (boottom right corner of your screen) as in a full anydvd crash?

Well usually in the case of a full crash, anydvd should create a crash dump, and tell you it crashed on the next start and where to send it (or upload here). Did that happen?.

No, Any DVD HD just stops from working without any message. Curiously, when unactivated, I can read, but not copy the disc. On DVD Decrypter, it says: "Interface Thread Runtime Exception. Message : EAccess violation"

Very weird, maybe @James or @Pete will have some idea's. As to DVD Decrypter, sorry but that software hasn't had anymore updates in 14! years and never will again. No surprise it has problems.

Well, if Any DVD can fully work on the DVD, DVD Decrypter won't have any problems. I will wait.

Hello. I've got a lot of DVDs from a Japanese company and noticed I couldn't read or copy the dvds, despite the disc region is 2 (I'm french). Thanks to AnyDVD, I could have solved this problem until recently.

Indeed, the latest DVD I bought couldn't be read or copied with a former Any DVD Hd version. I know the problem doesn't come from the disc, since I could read it without any problem on my DVD reader on my TV.

I downloaded the latest version of Any DVD Hd and I noticed some progress, but it's not fully perfect: now I can read the dvd on my laptop (but not on my PC, even with the latest version of Any DVD Hd), but I still can't copy it.

More, with Any DVD Hd, when I try to search for the css, it makes the logiciel bug and I can't even not create a log file to analyze the problem. It even marks my reader empty despite the fact I can read the dvd (on my laptop).

I think the latest DVDs of this japanese company updated their anti-copy system on dvd and Any DVD Hd cannot recognize them yet. Would there be a way to solve the problem?
Can you post an AnyDVD logfile?

As I said it, I can't create a log file, since the activation of Any DVD HD bugs when the disc is in the reader and prevents me from reading it. Curiosly, when Any DVD HD isn't fully activated, I still can read it, but not copy it. It's probably because the latest version can't unlock the latest protections of this disc.

As I said it, I can't create a log file, since the activation of Any DVD HD bugs when the disc is in the reader and prevents me from reading it. Curiosly, when Any DVD HD isn't fully activated, I still can read it, but not copy it. It's probably because the latest version can't unlock the latest protections of this disc.
Untick some options, like "copy protection based on ..."
Can you create a logfile now?

I eventually found a way: I used DVDFab to create an iso and I could rip the disc. I could create a logfile from the iso that you can find here:

Even though I can read the disc and rip it with another program, I think this logfile could be useful to you for the upcoming updates.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.8.0_Info_I_BBAN221.ziplog
    103.8 KB · Views: 5
Back