• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with Once (2006)

theknaveofhearts

Using latest version of AnyDVD, 6.3.0.3. AnyDVD had trouble reading the disc even was present in the drive, but once it did and I got CloneDVD up and running, I had trouble creating the movie files (reading) the disc.

"Once" (2006), Region 1, United States. Fox Home Entertainment released the Region 1 DVD on December 18, 2007.

Using CloneDVD, I keep receiving a data error (cyclic redundancy check) when attempting to create DVD files for the movie Once. Attempted to try another copy/dvd of the of the same movie and I get the same error while each dvd I try is in perfect condition, no scratches at all, brand new. I've never had a problem ripping a movie before this and run no other DVD ripping/backing up/burning programs on this computer. I thought maybe it was some dust in my DVD drive, but ripping/backing up other movies is successful except for "Once". I've tried the whole uninstall/reinstall/restart thing but nothing changes.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.3.0.3)
LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160P6S PGS1 2005/12/12 20:42
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1994656 sectors (3895 MBytes)
Total size: 3635429 sectors (7100 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: ONCE
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed RCE protection!
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_ONCE.zip
    73.3 KB · Views: 5
Afc (system32\drivers\Afc.sys), Version: 1.0.0.2 (1.0.0.2)
Company: Arcsoft, Inc.
Product: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
Copyright: (C) Arcsoft, Inc. 1999-2005. All rights reserved.
Description: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
FileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 2
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 2

This filter is known to cause conflicts with Slysoft software. Arcsoft Photo impressions (or anything that installs afc.sys) . . .

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii)Go to "Tools"-->"Filter Drive Load Order"
iv) Select "Afc"; select "remove selected filter". Then click "ok", and reboot.
Keep in mind whatever program(s) installed those filters will no longer function properly

2. There appears to be no special protection on this disc. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Using latest version of AnyDVD, 6.3.0.3. AnyDVD had trouble reading the disc even was present in the drive, but once it did and I got CloneDVD up and running, I had trouble creating the movie files (reading) the disc.

"Once" (2006), Region 1, United States. Fox Home Entertainment released the Region 1 DVD on December 18, 2007.

Using CloneDVD, I keep receiving a data error (cyclic redundancy check) when attempting to create DVD files for the movie Once. Attempted to try another copy/dvd of the of the same movie and I get the same error while each dvd I try is in perfect condition, no scratches at all, brand new. I've never had a problem ripping a movie before this and run no other DVD ripping/backing up/burning programs on this computer. I thought maybe it was some dust in my DVD drive, but ripping/backing up other movies is successful except for "Once". I've tried the whole uninstall/reinstall/restart thing but nothing changes.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.3.0.3)
LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160P6S PGS1 2005/12/12 20:42
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1994656 sectors (3895 MBytes)
Total size: 3635429 sectors (7100 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: ONCE
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed RCE protection!
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!
Looks like a defective source disc or drive.

backed up my copy of region 1 'once' region 1...newest anydvd & clonedvd no problems what so ever.....

Back