1. RedFox is offering a Cyber-Monday discount of 20% on all products (except upgrades/renewals), valid until November 30, 2022. If you are entertaining the thought of purchasing one of our products then now is the right time to act!
    Dismiss Notice

problems with Norbit

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by roog, Jun 7, 2007.

1. roog

roog Well-Known Member

Problems with Norbit here also.

Backup of Norbit stops at 30% during extraction of the main movie file (00003.m2ts). Disk has no visible defects. Plays ok in PowerDVD Ultra 2911 standalone. I will exchange it on Friday and retry.

Summary for drive J: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.0)
    LITE-ON BD B LH-2B1S AL06 R___
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
    Total size: 19155840 sectors (37413 MBytes)
    Video Blu-Ray label: 83715126_NORBIT
    Media is AACS protected!
    Removed AACS copy protection!
    Blu-Ray disc is region free!

2. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Ah I see your disc is a bluray. Webslinger there just may be an issue here. I thought it was a SD not HD. Might want to put this thread in the HD section.

3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

I see no evidence to suggest the OP from the original thread was using blu-ray.

I have moved these posts into the Anydvd HD section.

4. roog

roog Well-Known Member

Thanks for moving my post, I searched for Norbit but forgot to look to see what thread I was in.

Anyone, else having problems with Norbit?

5. clareman

clareman Well-Known Member

that's interesting, I had the same type of problem with Invincible. Halfway through I got a read error (actually I/O error). The surface of the disc had some wear, but no real big scratches. Disc played fine, although on one section of the movie there was a noticeable pause and I may have noticed a skip, but the flow of the movie was pretty good, watched the whole thing.

unfortunately I do not have a pc bluray and stuck using the ps3 method, so I just chalked it up to a quirk, as 99.9% of all discs backup perfectly...

6. roog

roog Well-Known Member

Norbit Error Update

I was able to drag and drop the BDMV directory from Norbit successfully, so dare I suggest that the problem lies with the file copy code in AnyDVD HD.

7. roog

roog Well-Known Member

AnyDVD HD 6.1.6.1 beta fixes Norbit backup problem

Luckily, I hadn't exchanged my Blu-ray Norbit disc yet, so I tried to back it up using AnyDVD HD 6.1.6.1 beta and I was able to do so successfully.

Thanks, for the fix!

Edited 2007-06-10: It turns out that the problem wasn't with AnyDVD HD. I fell back to AnyDVD HD 6.1.6.0 and wasn't able to duplicate the problem. Strange but true.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  8. alanisrox69

alanisrox69 Active Member

I didn't rip the BD version, but with 6.1.6.0 the HD-DVD ripped just fine.

The movie was soooo horrible though. Not funny at all!