• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with multiple BluRay discs

cgroth

Hi, I recently decided to convert my home theatre solution from disc-changer based to server based, and have ripped about 4000 discs, placed them on a NAS and play them through KODI. 90% of the discs are DVDs, and they have been ripped using AnyDVD HD, and 99.9% seem to play fine. However, with the 10 % of the discs that BlueRays it is another issue. I play this using Power DVD, and quite a few region B titles will not play as I am told I have the wrong region player. I thought AnyDVD was supposed to remove this type of problem?

I know we are told to post log files, and I might do so later, but since this applies to so many of my movies I first thought I'd get a confirmation that AnyDVD is indeed supposed to remove such protections and allow me to play both ripped Region A and Region B blu rays on a PC, or have I misunderstood something?

Thanks for your help, I am quite new at this....

Regions for blu-ray aren't removed unless you specifically tell AnyDVD to do so through the blu-ray settings.

OK, thanks, that I very useful to know. My installation of AnyDVD is in Norwegian so the wording might not be 100 % correct, but I just selected: "Remove Blu-ray region code" and ticket "Automatically" then inserted a region B disc I previously was unable to play and will re-rip and try again. However I was asked what region the disc was, and I selected "B", I am now just hoping this means I told anyDVD to remove the region B protection, not locking PowerDVD to region B discs, fingers crossed......

The last option on my "Blu Ray movie" menu setting is "Remove Blu-ray country code" (not region code). Should I also check this? I am unsure what exactly it means.

My apologies for what might be very basic questions here, but I have been ripping DVDs without any issues for months, and only this week moved onto Blu-rays, and today found this problem, so although I have been using anyDVD for quite a while I don't really have much understanding of how it works.

AnyDVD asks you what the region of the disc (not your own). It asks this in order to fool the discs code into thinking its always playing in a region B player in your case even while it's not. Which essentially makes the disc region free :) AnyDVD asks you the region if the automatic function can't do it on its own.The blu-ray region country code is very rarely needed. That's usually only for asia based anime discs.

No need to apologise, there's differences between DVD and BD which naturally comes with questions if you're new to the format :)

Thanks again, just tried the first blue ray disc re-rip following the above advice, and it worked! :) Now I only have to go through roughly 2000 movies to see which ones are blu ray and then test each of them to see which need to be re-ripped.... Guess I should have checked this must sooner :oops:

Back