• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Problems with Multiple Audio and forced subtitles

Well, it does actually work for D+
Tried with the OPs series downloading season 1 episodes 4,5,6
The forced subtitles in e05 download fine despite s04 missing forced ones.
Log is attached

However for Netflix it does not seem to work
Tried with Breaking Bad season 3 episodes 2,3,4
Ep3's forced subtitles are missing, because ep2 did not contain forced subtitles.
Log is also attached
On a sidenote ... s03e04 downloaded in the highest possible resulution ... probably because the resolution requested from ep2 was not available for ep4

Didn't try Prime yet, wanted to publish the results first.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.4.6.4_Dplus.astlog
    294.7 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyStream_1.4.6.4_Nf.astlog
    465.5 KB · Views: 0
Hello,
I noticed a problem using the multiple audio feature when using the batch download. My primary language is German but most shows I also watch in English, so I download both languages.
Here’s my problem, if I download the first Season of „Once Upon a Time“ on Disney+ (with batch download) I noticed that on episode 5 the English forced subtitles are missing. The normal English, normal German and forced German subtitles are included but not the forced English. If I download only episode 5 the English forced subtitles will download.

I’m using the newest beta 1.4.6.4
We will need to see a logfile to help you, its always required in any post with an issue.

Hey I tried it with the newest version and still the same.
If I download the season with the batch download no forced eng subs for episode 5.
If I only download episode 5 than i get the forced eng subs.
I also attached 2 Screenshots to show these things.

I hope these things help to find the issue.
If you or the devs need more, let me know ;)

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.4.7.0-Batch_Download.astlog
    271.3 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyStream_1.4.7.0-single.astlog
    277.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Download-Batch.PNG
    Download-Batch.PNG
    292.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Download-Only-Episode5.PNG
    Download-Only-Episode5.PNG
    76 KB · Views: 4
Strange ... when embedded, the en forced subs are there.

Even more strange ... in your screenshot is an en.cc subtitle ... that doesn't even exist in that episode
upload_2022-11-22_20-42-29.png

Here is a another screenshot when I only select episode 5

Attachments

• 4FCCD520-C2B7-4665-A1B5-BB933ED1D5B1.jpeg
    4FCCD520-C2B7-4665-A1B5-BB933ED1D5B1.jpeg
    947.7 KB · Views: 8
Hey I tried it with the newest version and still the same.
If I download the season with the batch download no forced eng subs for episode 5.
If I only download episode 5 than i get the forced eng subs.
I also attached 2 Screenshots to show these things.

I hope these things help to find the issue.
If you or the devs need more, let me know ;)

Ok, now I managed to borrow a Disney account that has this content and analyzed the situation.
AnyStream is actually doing exactly what it should, but I have to explain:

If you look at episode 1, there are German forced subs listed, but no English forced. The reason is, that the English forced subs are already burned into the video. When you watch it in German, the German forced subs get overlaid (personally, I hate this, because those subtitle-mixtures are often completely illegible).
So it fully makes sense, not to include the superfluous English forced subs. And this is, unfortunately, quite common.

AnyStream sees that the first episode has forced subs and memorized that fact - in Episode 5, suddenly English forced subs are available (despite them already being permanently burned into the video), AnyStream only picks the ones that existed in Episode 1.
If Episode 1 would have had no forced subs at all, AnyStream would have selected all forced subs with matching audio tracks for Episode 5 (sort of "not knowing any better").
For reference: watch timestamp 00:39:50 in episode 5 and tell me, if you're really missing the English forced subs there ;)

In my opinion, AnyStream actually did the best thing - it dropped the confusing forced subs that simply would display right over the identical text, that is already visible on screen.

BUT.... looking at this production, I can see that their choices are totally arbitrary.
Episode 2 has Spanish forced subs and only those (a translation of an English headline visible on a newspaper). All other languages weren't worth bothering with.

So I guess, we'll change the behavior to:
always select forced subs that match selected audio languages, except when they were available in the first episode and were deliberately not selected (which hints at a user really not being interested in forced subs).

So I guess, we'll change the behavior to:
always select forced subs that match selected audio languages, except when they were available in the first episode and were deliberately not selected (which hints at a user really not being interested in forced subs).

If you or the devs could do that it would be fantastic :thankyou:

You are right that the english forced subs are burned into the file, but in other cases it's maybe different. So your idea is fanatstic. :dance: It is easier to delete not needed files than to get them again

It is easier to delete not needed files than to get them again
If they're not embedded - but even then, they're not really in the way.
I still don't get why some people use external subs. All the file clutter. One file, all content.

I only use forced subs, but I am aware that there are a lot of great films from many countries that people love to watch so I understand.:)

always select forced subs that match selected audio languages
Thank you, but can you explain what happens when I download only one audio (ger), but three subs (ger, en, jp) and EP1 has no forced subs for en, but EP2 has?
Because based on this description it sounds like it would only look for german forced subs?

I still don't get why some people use external subs. All the file clutter. One file, all content.
I can easily open and look inside or edit them if I want, some forced are caps or have garbage lines that are not neccessary.
Also the file clutter is a benefit in that case, because I can then see the existing subs from the explorer without opening the player or MediaInfo. Also I can just copy the one sub I need instead of the need to remux it to get rid of the others in case I want to have it on another device. Because although I also download en and jp subs, I usually only ever need forced ger for watching.

Thank you, but can you explain what happens when I download only one audio (ger), but three subs (ger, en, jp) and EP1 has no forced subs for en, but EP2 has?
Uhm ... why would you need a forced sub in english, when you listen to german audio?

I got that ... but the original question from DeepSpace was: if AnyStream would download forced subtitles matching the audio language (like Pete explained), what would happen if you only select german audio?
I venture, no other forced than german forced are downloaded ... for the whole season.
Makes sense to me, why would you need (only) forced subs for a language you do not listen to?
Of course you can select a different language sub (not forced) for the complete season.

I think it works with the newest version (1.4.8.0):thankyou:
If you want to double check here's also a logfile.
I let you know if I notice any issues but on the first sight it seems very good.

Great work devs and thanks for the quick solution and response

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.4.8.0.astlog
    424.2 KB · Views: 0
So if I understand, AS will now downloads forced subs even if it's not in the first episode of the season ? But does it work for all kind of subtitles ?

For example if I download a season with normal english sub on the 5 first episodes, and then the 5 next are now not regular english but english CC, AS will download them or not ? I encounter several times this.
Or if there is no sub at all for the first episodes and then appears on episode 10 the normal subs for english ? I also encounter season with only a few normal subs.

So if I understand, AS will now downloads forced subs even if it's not in the first episode of the season ? But does it work for all kind of subtitles ?

For example if I download a season with normal english sub on the 5 first episodes, and then the 5 next are now not regular english but english CC, AS will download them or not ? I encounter several times this.
Or if there is no sub at all for the first episodes and then appears on episode 10 the normal subs for english ? I also encounter season with only a few normal subs.
It is remembering your settings, keep changing the setting to what you prefer and it will be fine.

in my opinion this is not solved. I'm using 1.4.9.0 and whenever I use batch download and there is a change between episodes e.g. episode 1 has 3 subtitles and I click on all 3 subtitles for batch download later on I realize that the download stopped for all further episodes because e.g. episode 3 has only 2 subtitles...
I restart batch starting only with two subitles and realize later on ok it crashed again because episode 4 has only one subtitle anymore....

Seems to be tricky.

Back