• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with MKV's

TomTiddler

I have a reasonably large collection of BluRays. I normally use CloneBD to produce an MKV rip, as my streaming solution of choice (for now) is Emby streaming to a Roku box. I've been having some issues with Roku's handling of various formats, and over the weekend re-ripped all my BluRays, only to discover that slightly more than half of the resulting .mkv's contain no Duration values or Bitrate values. (I checked these with ffprobe). What could cause CloneBD to not create this information?

Should add that I run CloneBD 1.1.2.0 and AnyDVD 8.0.9.0, and use Intel hardware assist and AMD hardware assist (yes, I have two machines). The problem doesn't seem to happen preferentially on one or the other machine.

Try running your MKV through MKVToolNix and see if that helps
Also --- post a CloneBD log from one of those files

all my MKV's have bitrate & duration just fine in VLC and android's MX PLayer

click the button on the completion page, done. Starting with 1120 no more ALT key combo.

Well, things are a little less obvious than they seemed. I ran a couple of re-rips, but accidentally left the audio set at DTS, and both hardware configs gave files that had valid bitrates and duration. Sigh.

I'm now repeating using AAC to see if either one gives a valid duration and bitrate. If I get a failure, I'll generate the CloneBD log. Stay tuned.

With my Roku 3 player with a USB HDD connected. I have to set it to AC3 for audio. As until this last release the only problem that I had was the TV it's hooked up to not being able to decode the audio correctly and switching to the dir.comment track if I included it. And setting the main audio output to AC3 (Dolby digital) fixed this .
I've noticed that the Roku can be finicky about things. Good thing I got it for free. LOL

Well - confusion reins Chez TomTiddler! Went back and reripped a couple of discs (one's that previously showed no duration/bitrate), did each one on each different hardware setup, lo and behold, durations and bitrate present in all variants. Sigh.

I'm actually in the middle of trying to solve a whole bunch of (possibly connected) problems, so maybe we should just put this under the "weird" file for now, and mark it as "maybe solved". Bugger!

and yes @nebostrangla, I'm learning myself that the Roku may not have been the best choice.

Back