• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with "How to Train Your Dragon"

After comparing the logs thoroughly, I'm pretty convinced, that the non-CSS versions are fakes from china.

Protection free retails (even without CSS) have been seen occasionally, but here I have to conclude that you should return those discs.

There is also a mastering error in the altered code, small but noticeable. The copies weren't made with AnyDVD.

Apart from that the content seems to be the same.

Since it's been crunched down over 40% certainly with substantial loss of quality, you REALLY should return those discs, they are a rip-off.

return the discs saying that they are " fakes from china " ?

Peer , I am supposed to get toy story 3 today , if I do I will post the log as well as a copy of the upc , can you look through that and tell me if that is the same .
because all my dvds has been from the same place , and all the logs I have posted , have been from the dvds of the same place . and until now have only heard of this kind of discrepancy .

return the discs saying that they are " fakes from china " ?

Return the disk saying they are "Asian Boots". They are surely just that.

Bring the 2 AnyDVD reports as proof. You are allowed to scan your own disks.

Don't be sheepish , be agressive, you are the wronged party.

Whomever you got them from; iether got scammed themselves - or is in on it.

-W

Last edited:
uhm thats weird because I have the same exact upc code

8.5 x11 color photocopy of the sleeve paper - real easy.

What makes those boots "bad" for you, is that they are compressed to 1/2 the size (bits) of the real disk in order to save money. ie they are cheap quality and cheap video quality as well. (not to mention illegal etc etc)

Post a couple other logs from that same source... we can call 'em pretty quick as to "real or boot".

-W

Last edited:
OK... here's the log for the Single Disk - Region 1 - Retail version.

UPC: 0 97361 19694 7

I got my hands on it 6 hours early. :D

Yes.. It's indeed a DL disk with CSS and Region protection - just as we expected.

Whatever Blanco and MRB got - it does not seem this "Yo" disk is the real deal at all.

-W

The Redbox rental disc for this release is the same disc as the retail disc that you have. Both your disc and the rental disc are exactly the same as AGJ's Blu-Ray + DVD combo SD DVD disc. It looks like for Region 1 they are using the same SD DVD disc for all the different uses. As if it wasn't necessary this is yet more proof of the wrongness of the non-CSS discs that are floating around.

The only way these non-CSS discs could be of decent quality picture-wise is if all non-essential audio streams and the bonus content were missing. Otherwise you are talking about massive compression. In short, Peer's statements back up the original speculation as to the legitimacy or lack thereof of these discs. If I were BLANCO23 or MRB I'd definitely be contacting the people the discs were purchased from and raising a stink and demanding a refund. Yes, even if the seller was Amazon, itself.

Last edited:
CC on the Redbox disks. Good thread overall too!

MRB is supposed to show back up with Toy Story 3 later today here.
It'll be intersting to see what they sell him.

-W

CC on the Redbox disks. Good thread overall too!

MRB is supposed to show back up with Toy Story 3 later today here.
It'll be intersting to see what they sell him.

-W

I'll be interested to see someone else post logs for Oceans. BLANOC23 posted logs from that that disc and it also had no CSS or region coding. I believe that to be Disneynature: Oceans which won't be released until October 19th, 2010. Something is definitely up with these discs that people are getting their hands on early.

Back