• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with FarCry

Scottaroo

Greetings:

I'm doing a trial of the Game Jackal software, and I can't get FarCry to work. The other games that I've tried (BioShock, Crysis, Call of Duty 4) have all worked, but FarCry always comes up and says that I need to insert the original disk.

I'm running the newest version of Game Jackal (4.1.1.5) on Windows 7 SP1, 64-bit. ProtectionID says that the game is Safedisc 3.15.010. The game is the original FarCry on CD, updated by patch to version 1.4. I'm using the optical drive built into my laptop. It's a BluRay reader/DVD writer. I don't know who manufactured it, but Windows says it's a "HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA30N" drive. The AV on the machine is Microsoft Security Essentials, version 2.1.1116.0 with the latest updates. The following happens:

The splash screen pops up, followed quickly by the (windows) autoplay window. Then a dialog box pops up with the title "Cannot locate the CD-ROM" with text "Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application".

I have tried using "Image Mode", but I got the same results. I have tried gathering more sector data using the Performance and reliability wizard 4 or 5 times, but nothing changes. When I hover my mouse over the FarCry icon in Game Jackal the pop-up still says "Missing sectors detected", though, so I don't know if I need to try that a few more times.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Scott

Attachments

• FarCryLog.zip
    100.1 KB · Views: 6
The log file you have posted are from a profile that was not created with image mode enabled. And you can also see in the logs the game requesting sector data that is not in the profile. Can you create new profile with image mode enabled, and if still no good, forward on those logs.

Greetings Matthew:

I tried the Image mode, but it didn't work, so I deleted the profile and created a new one. Didn't want to waste all of the space if it wasn't going to work. I'll try the image mode again.

I'm assuming that to gather more sector data I use the Performance and reliability wizard and choose the "There is sector data missing....." item. How many times would I do that? Do I do it over and over again several times or should I do it once, try the game, and repeat?

Are Image Mode and missing sector data mutually exclusive? If I have an image do I automatically have all of the sector data?

Thanks for your help. I'll try Image Mode again and let you know how it goes.

-Scott

Greetings:

Here's the log file with the failure in Image Mode

Thanks.

Attachments

• FarCryLog2.zip
    129.6 KB · Views: 4
The image mode profile will sort out missing profile data (because we have the whole image). However there is something else going on here. The logs are not showing any missing sector calls... I will need to go through the log file in detail.

No update... however we have this game on order. Once we get it I'll be able to take a closer look.

Back