• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with DVD drive reading discs

fortebab1

My desktop HP pc Just started to not read mp REG DVDs. It will burn anything
I put into it. This problem has been getting worse and worse over the past two weeks. plus I have to hit the reject several times for it to open. I have wrote over 1000 on it. Does this sound like the burner is slowly going dead? I use the second drive beneath to read then write from the top. I did clean it, with no differnce.

I put into it. This problem has been getting worse and worse over the past two weeks. plus I have to hit the reject several times for it to open. I have wrote over 1000 on it. Does this sound like the burner is slowly going dead? I use the second drive beneath to read then write from the top. I did clean it, with no differnce.
Your post is unrelated. Please don't post in other people troubleshooting threads.

Well, I don't consider these two issues to be comparable but are you having problems with discs that previously worked fine? It is possible the drive is dying. Can you insert a disc and play it with DVD software playback software without a problem? If it does cause a problem then what happens if you exit AnyDVD and try? Still a problem? If yes then uninstall AnyDVD and try. Still a problem? If the answer is yes. then this isn't an AnyDVD issue.

I moved the original post and relevant replies to an independent thread.

Is the problem with reading discs limited to CloneDVD? If so then the post belongs in this forum. If not then it should be moved. Also, please check the previous things I asked concerning the problem occuring with AnyDVD active, disabled, and uninstalled. If the problem occurs all the time with different software even when AnyDVD isn't installed then the problem is unrelated to AnyDVD or CloneDVD and could be a dying drive or conflict of some sort.

OK Then Right place to Post

I put into it. This problem has been getting worse and worse over the past two weeks. plus I have to hit the reject several times for it to open. I have wrote over 1000 on it. Does this sound like the burner is slowly going dead? I use the second drive beneath to read then write from the top. I did clean it, with no differnce. Anydvd and clone work well. As I said, It writes but does not read, with and without running ANYDVD and CloneDVD.
Thanks

Yes, it sounds like a dying drive. Time to replace it.

-W

Thank you

Thank's for getting back to me so quickly. You guy's are the best. I guess it is time for a Blueray Burner. LG or a Buffalo external. Thanks again

It costs more money for a Blu-Ray blank than to buy the DVD twice!! :D

-W (waiting to see what comes AFTER Blu-Ray)

After blu-ray? think its about time for the movie implant. You go to something like redbox and put headphones on. You pick the movie, it impants it to your brain. No fuss. Obivously you will need to dump anydvd as well via headphones on your PC for it to be decrypted.

Total Recall becomes reality.

Wow

After checking the price for all of the above, I think I will Wait. I already have ANYDVDHD software, but the overall cost of everything else is mind staggering.

Yes your drive is most likely dying. Buy another DVDRW, wait for prices to come down on Blu-Ray. As it stands now,they may very well go the way of Dual layer media.

As it stands now,they may very well go the way of Dual layer media.

I don't think that far down. Sony has a lock on this one, and they are the DRM kings.
They'll use price as the weapon now that BD+ is broken.

-W

Back