• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with AnyDVD crashing IE

jtreydte

The last four versions of AnyDVD have caused my internet explorer to stop working. In order to access the internet, I have to uninstall anydvd and reboot the computer. I'm running the lastest versions of IE and Anydvd (last tried this morning). My operating system is XP media center, and until the last month or so, I've never had any problems. Any ideas?:confused:

AnyDVD crashing IE?

AnyDVD on it's own could not possibly crash Internet Explorer. Something else is going on there. I would scan for Viruses, Trojans & Spyware with Up To Date Programs. Trend Micro' HouseCall is pretty good for an Online scanner, They even have a comprehensive Spyware scanner there too. I have AnyDVD and I am running IE7 without issues.

I had this problem too with the beta versions(I have IE6) but now it seems to be fixed. I did check for spyware with Webroot's Spy Sweeper and it reported "No Spyware found".

Last edited:
Never had any problems with AnyDVD causing any crashes with anything, Webroot's Spy Sweeper on the otherhand, caused one PC I ran it on to crash regularly whilst on the one I'm currently using it screwed up the Power Save options all the time!

Needless to say Webroot's Spy Sweeper went in the bin *very* quickly ...

Webroot Spy Sweeper.

I have Webroot's Spy Sweeper, and I can tell you this, it "can" be a resource hungry application. I have pretty much disabled all shields except the tracking cookie shield. I'll say this: Spy Sweeper is a very effective Anti-Spyware app. It does use over 12 megs RAM just being there. You can triple that for a scan, or with lot's of shields enabled.

Crashing IE

Try removing anydvd and reinstalling it, I cant see how its affecting Browser.8)

spysweeper is one of the anti spy software I use, because I tried using McAfee anti spyware and it removed stuff I needed for certain programs that it said was spyware and it just didn't work like spysweeper does. Personally so far I've never had a problem with spyware on my computer as long as I'm running it. I keep all the sheilds on, because I don't like to take chances. I never had a problem with anyDVD crashing EI7 and I never heard of it doing that until now. I aso use spyguard and spywhere blaser and I never have the problem of spyware getting on my computer. LOL Why take the chance?

Last edited:
You guys are right though about Webroot's Spy Sweeper being a resource hog. I have to shut it down before doing a burn or using Dvd Shrink.

AnyDVD is not your culprit... However, you need to stop using IE and start using FIREFOX:agree:

If you are using IE7, that could be the source of your issues. Anything new from Microsoft equals problems for the end user.
I would recommend looking into an alternative Browser. Firefox is a very up to date and secure Browser. I haven't used Opera for any extended lengths of time but it is said to be a very good browser also.

Browser and AnyDVD

It really doesn't matter what browser you use, it has nothing to do with AnyDVD. AnyDVD is more of a "driver". I have IE7, had IE6 and use MSN Explorer. Had AnyDVD for years now, never had any trouble with browser crashes because of it. I strongly believe this issue with browser crashes is something entirely different than AnyDVD. :agree:

Back