Problems with AnyDvd/Clone DVD

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by kfettig, Oct 28, 2007.

1. kfettig

kfettig New Member

I have checked my burner for driver updates through Dell - none found (_NEC DVD+RW ND-3100AD 107E 04061100). I have adjusted the burn speed down to 6x. I am currently using Philips Media but I used to use the cheapest around(like NexXtech) without problems. I am updated with the latest versions of Clone DVD and AnyDvd. At first before I adjusted the burn speed I was experiencing MAJOR problems with freezing, skipping and scrambled digitized images throughout the burned movie copy. Now after adjusting it seems better although there appears to be a small "slice" of bad media around the same portion of DIFFERENT movies every time (approx 20 minute mark). I have been in Iraq for over a year and a half. I never had problems with Clone/Any before - it used to burn beautifully and I didn't know better to adjust burn speeds, check for driver updates on burner or use Image Burn or Nero DVD/CD speed and so on and so on. Since I have been back and updated to latest version, I've had increased difficulty. I need some help in understanding what I can do to make this the worry and hassle-free process it used to be to use Clone DVD.

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

1. Ensure you're using the latest Anydvd beta (currently 6.1.9.2, but there may be a newer version by the time you read this): click http://forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18 (and check the stickies at the top of the forum)

2. Your choice of blank media leaves a lot to be desired. Use Taiyo Yuden 8x premium or Verbatim (not made in India)

3. Let's take a look at your filters: click a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
    b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
    c) Click "enable logging".
    d) Click "ok".
    e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
    f) Go to your My Documents folder
    g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
    h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like [​IMG]
    i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
    j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
    k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
    l) click "upload"

4. It's possible your burner is slowly dying