• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with AnyDVD 6.4.1.2 and BD playback

wayland

recently i have noticed a problem where when powerdvd is active during playback certain disc just produce a black screen in powerdvd 7/8 also trying to play the m2ts file locks up mpc, the problem seems limited to certain disc (prison break disc 3,5,6 caused me to notice it) at first i thought the disc might be faulty but i just tried a region free title (killing machine/shogun's ninja) and when anydvd is active it has the same problem but if i turn it off it plays fine.

attached are the logs from all the disc i mentioned

Attachments

• anydvdlogs.zip
    70.3 KB · Views: 6
micha i have noticed the same problem recently although the disc i have play when anydvd is turned off (BSG S1D1 and killing machine/shoguns ninja do atleast, prison break s1 disc 3 5 6 just show the region a message as my drive is region b).

sorry bout that, here is the additional info

1) using latest version
2) no packet writing software installed
3)Prison Break Season one, region a, US, 13/11/2007 (blu-ray) (disc 3 5 6)
Killing Machine/Shogun's Ninja, region free, US, 8/1/2008 (blu-ray)
Battlestar Galactica: Complete Season 1, region free, uk, 31/3/2008 (hddvd) (disc 1)
4)info from bsg d1:
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.4.1.2)
HL-DT-ST BD-REGGW-H20L YL03 00031908117CB83918
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a HD DVD.
Booktype: hd-dvd (version 3), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 5535008 sectors (10810 MBytes)
Total size: 9996288 sectors (19524 MBytes)
Video HD DVD label: BATTLESTARGALACTICA_D1
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!

if wanted i will do the other disc but with logs for them all it seems a bit pointless
5)error is as mentioned, i would try ripping one of them to hdd but i have very little space left
6) added a log for bsg d1
7)powerdvd 7&8 ati 8.4 drivers

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_BATTLESTARGALACTICA_D1.zip
    18.6 KB · Views: 5
recently i have noticed a problem where when powerdvd is active during playback certain disc just produce a black screen in powerdvd 7/8 also trying to play the m2ts file locks up mpc, the problem seems limited to certain disc (prison break disc 3,5,6 caused me to notice it) at first i thought the disc might be faulty but i just tried a region free title (killing machine/shogun's ninja) and when anydvd is active it has the same problem but if i turn it off it plays fine.

attached are the logs from all the disc i mentioned

My very first post on this forum was about this! I assumed it just went away. Anyway, Anydvd HD 6.3.0.1 had fixed this (it worked for me), but 6.3.0.2 introduced the problem again. Check that post and then the subsequent posts about it in that thread. Then I had trouble with disc 5 as well and 6.3.0.4. I posted about it here. I think that post got confused with a totally unrelated BD region setting that I had different, but made no difference whatsoever with the problem at hand (black screen playing counter running), so the problem was still there.

My problems were with discs 3 and 5 of Prison Break. Perhaps you should try version 6.3.0.1 and check if that works. My guess is it will.

Last edited:
7 is 3730a i dont know about 8, havnt they only released the one version so far?

about trying 6.3.0.1 is it available to download anywhere? the slysoft link doesn't work and googling just turns up a bunch of torrents i would rather not use.

Last edited:
tried that setting with no joy, disc 1 looks like the only one that is webenabled from the packaging so maybe that is the reason it is not working

tried that setting with no joy, disc 1 looks like the only one that is webenabled from the packaging so maybe that is the reason it is not working

I seem to recall SamuriHL discovering that the web-enabled discs could be problematic but if you temporarily disconnected your connection to the net they would work fine.

i usually dont use anydvd during hddvd playback anyway, its mai n use for me is for different region blu-rays

i usually dont use anydvd during hddvd playback anyway, its mai n use for me is for different region blu-rays

I have PMed peer about the issues you are having, but if he doesn't respond here (and if no one else is forthcoming with suggestions), then I suggest contacting Slysoft.

Hello wayland,

I've sent you a PM. Please read your PM, and get back to me.

Thanks,

Webslinger

Back