• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems With American Gangster...

Anyone had any luck getting a straight up copy of American Gangster using 6.3.1.5?? I cannot get one as it fails to read half way through.

I have tried DVD Fab., DVD Shrink, Rip-it-4-me, DVD Decryter etc.

Is this one of those movies that should be in the 6.3.1.5 list that will not copy or is there something else I can do to get a successful rip?

Franky

Anyone had any luck getting a straight up copy of American Gangster using 6.3.1.5?? I cannot get one as it fails to read half way through.

I have tried DVD Fab., DVD Shrink, Rip-it-4-me, DVD Decryter etc.

Is this one of those movies that should be in the 6.3.1.5 list that will not copy or is there something else I can do to get a successful rip?

Franky

This title seems to be an issue on certain players only. I made a copy easily. Note the pic.

40151825me1.png

So, the only solution is to try a different reader?...I have already tried 3 different ones?

It seems you tried everything. Well this leads to several things.

1. bad drives.

2. bad disc.

3. right click anydvd and create a log and upload it here for us to look at.

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

2) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

3) Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Yeah.:agree:..I posted a heads up a few weeks ago reagrding this title and some of the troubles I encountered understanding the title is not impossible to back-up but the end result or playability may vary with different people (forum members) who make the attempt to do so. I also backed -up a copy to a dual layer 8.5 SONY disc along with a back-up to a standard 4.7GB just to retain the original picture resolution. I did so with no trouble. I would advised that you do not attempt to alter the playback on this title via AnyDVD i.e. direct to "Title Menu" or "Main Movie". Choosing to do so gave mee trouble. Below I posted a link to my original post made a few weeks ago.:agree:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=13110&highlight=American+Gangster

Last edited:
Yeah.:agree:..I posted a heads up a few weeks ago reagrding this title and some of the troubles I encountered understanding the title is not impossible to back-up but the end result or playability may vary with different people (forum members) who make the attempt to do so.

I do not believe that this has anything to do with the problem the original poster is writing about. A read issue while copying the original disc is not a playback issue

Frankenstein_666 said:
I cannot get one as it fails to read half way through.

Reading the original disc using what? Anydvd ripper? Clonedvd?

A CRC error? TCSectorreader?

That type of error implies a bad original disc that needs to be exchanged.

LEGIN27 said:

Again, the issue you had has absolutely nothing to do with Anydvd nor Clonedvd.

My friend does not have a skipping backup; a Slysoft beta tester has noted American Gangster rips perfectly fine using Anydvd.

Last edited:
This title seems to be an issue on certain players only. I made a copy easily. Note the pic.

This is a read error based on the original post--not a playback issue.

Frankenstein_666 said:
I cannot get one as it fails to read half way through.

I interpret that to mean, in all likelihood, a fileio3, crc error, etc . . . (in other words, most likely, a bad original disc).

Unfortunately, I suspect "it" refers to "original disc" (which was not mentioned), and it "fails to read half way through [the copy/rip process]" . . .

Last edited:
It is a trouble encountered:agree:...which I simply replied to...That's all. I didn't say Anything was "wrong" with AnyDVD or CloneDVD.

Sucess with Any DVD 6.3.1.5 & DVD Shrink, default settings. Unrated extended version. But I find I cannot read most NEW DVD titles with a burner equipped drive...go figure! Perhaps my drive, a SUPERA DSM-6S165P MSG9 . My generic s l o w drive without burner reads all titles fine..

Back