• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

problems ripping LOTR two towers UHD

thedatman

So I updated to 8.5.0.4 and it's working now but it's coping very slow.4-5mbs I don't care about the speed I thought I had a bad disc.

I had similar issues with a few of the Star wars UHD discs. I returned for exchange and they all eventually ripped without updating.

Lots of people had problems with these ones. Triple layer discs can be problematic.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks SamuriHL the good news is both the problem discs ripped successfully makes me think the discs I returned may have been OK except for the fact thar exchanging them fixed my issue.
Any idea why the rip time 4x longer with the beta update?

The beta likely made no real difference. These discs are just a pain to read. I had to read some of my Game of Thrones discs at 2x, for example.

I had problems reading FOTR disc 2. Four or five times I was getting sector read errors. Persevered with the retry button and eventually got the backup to folder to complete. All 6 of the extended edition LOTR disks make my Asus UHD friendly drive thrash quite a bit when I first load them and AnyDVD takes some time to make them available. I'm also having a playback issue after processing the backup for playback on my Oppo 203 but I don't think the fault lies with AnyDVD so not really something appropriate for this forum. Still investigating.
EDIT: My playback problems with the 203 were indeed nothing to do with AnyDVD. I was using .M2TS files and the 203 was not very happy with them. Tried .TS instead and that sorted it.

Last edited:
Back