• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems Copying Enhanced CDs with CloneCD

KuchKuch

I'm trying to create an image of a couple of Enhanced CDs I have, but CloneCD only seems to copy the audios files and never copies the video files thats on the disk. Is there anyway around this?

I'm trying to create an image of a couple of Enhanced CDs I have, but CloneCD only seems to copy the audios files and never copies the video files thats on the disk. Is there anyway around this?

Are you also using AnyDVD? If so I've found that when you have the AnyCDDA feature enabled it removes everything other than the audio. This setting is enabled by default. I believe this has to do with the disc's native table of contents being visible rather than how the Enhanced CD is done. Go into your AnyDVD settings and uncheck the Remove CD Digital Audio Protection under the Audio CD settings.

Are you also using AnyDVD? If so I've found that when you have the AnyCDDA feature enabled it removes everything other than the audio. This setting is enabled by default. I believe this has to do with the disc's native table of contents being visible rather than how the Enhanced CD is done. Go into your AnyDVD settings and uncheck the Remove CD Digital Audio Protection under the Audio CD settings.

Thanks for the quick reply, however I do not have AnyDVD installed. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the quick reply, however I do not have AnyDVD installed. Any other suggestions?

Hmmm... When selecting the source drive are you selecting Multimedia Audio CD and not just Audio CD? My purchase of actual Audio CDs has become all but extinct over the last decade so I don't make many CD backups these days.

I do select Multemedia Audio CD. I don't have many enhanced CD's myself, but I know the previous batch of enhanced CD's I tried to copy worked OK, its just this time around I'm having problems. I dunno whether it could be the CD itself because of some new form of copy protection.

I do select Multemedia Audio CD. I don't have many enhanced CD's myself, but I know the previous batch of enhanced CD's I tried to copy worked OK, its just this time around I'm having problems. I dunno whether it could be the CD itself because of some new form of copy protection.

I apologize but I really don't know what else to suggest. :( It is, indeed, possible the cause of the issue is the manner in which the Enchanced CD was created whether it was intended to prevent duplication or it simply is authored in a very weird way.

If it helps, the CD I was trying to copy was Katy Perry - One of the Boys. If you need more info, I'd be happy to provide it.

If it helps, the CD I was trying to copy was Katy Perry - One of the Boys. If you need more info, I'd be happy to provide it.

I had some limited experience with enhanced cds and they will not work under CloneCD just themselves you will need Anydvd to be running to be able to make a working copy of that cd music. The reason why it is called enhanced is not only cause it has video but that the protection defeats regular mill of the copy software from working and copying the cds correctly.

The reason why it is called enhanced is not only cause it has video but that the protection defeats regular mill of the copy software from working and copying the cds correctly.

Such discs should contain quite visible "copy controlled" (or equivalent) logo.
I mistakenly purchased two Cactus discs that required a Plextor Premium burner to read them consistently and make a satisfying copy.
The perfect copy of the audio alone is impossible, as the original already contains damaged audio.

Almost forgot: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I mistakenly purchased two Cactus discs that required a Plextor Premium burner to read them consistently and make a satisfying copy.
The perfect copy of the audio alone is impossible, as the original already contains damaged audio.

Almost forgot: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Those are the most hated enhanced cds for most people as they have some video on them beside the copy protection but I know from using Anydvd is has the ability to bypass that protection found on the enhanced cds. I only had to use it once and it did work cause that was the only cds I owned at the time that came with it but haven't had to use Anydvd for such cds much anymore as I don't buy them.

I haven't seen any such logo on this CD.

I had some limited experience with enhanced cds and they will not work under CloneCD just themselves you will need Anydvd to be running to be able to make a working copy of that cd music.

Would you be able to tell me what settings you have used with AnyDVD and CloneCD. I have dug up my copy of AnyDVD and tried multiple things, but still have had no luck :(

Those are the most hated enhanced cds for most people as they have some video on them beside the copy protection but I know from using Anydvd is has the ability to bypass that protection found on the enhanced cds.
Yes, it modifies the TOC to comply with the red-book, so any software sees the disc as a compact disc (containing audio tracks only), while the data session remains hidden.
Some people used black marker pen to cover the second session of the disc. :D
I only had to use it once and it did work cause that was the only cds I owned at the time that came with it but haven't had to use Anydvd for such cds much anymore as I don't buy them.
In my case, it was the infamous Cactus protection, CDS 200 or 300 (don't remember). Using EAC, Toshiba and LiteOn drives were able to rip only half of the tracks in a very long time. AnyDVD's feature to hide the data track wasn't useful... :eek:
However, PTP XL was able to rip all of them and produce the same files in repeated attempts, but only using Plextor drive.
As I said, the audio is intentionally damaged on the originals, so no perfect copy is possible. See "Copy Protections Employed" paragraph of this link...

Would you be able to tell me what settings you have used with AnyDVD and CloneCD. I have dug up my copy of AnyDVD and tried multiple things, but still have had no luck :(

If you are satisfied with the audio tracks only, I think the AnyDVD has the default setting on:
Click on "Audio CD" then check "Remove CD Digital Audio Protection".

Insert the disc, and it should show up as "pure" audio CD.

Thanks for that piece of information, but I'm really trying to copy the Audio and Video segments of the enhanced CD.

Maybe the other way around...

Thanks for that piece of information, but I'm really trying to copy the Audio and Video segments of the enhanced CD.

In that case either simply disable/exit AnyDVD or uncheck "Remove CD Digital Audio Protection", then try again with CloneCD - as you want 1:1 copy and you found no "copy controlled" logos, it may be AnyDVD preventing you from correctly copying the complete enhanced CD.
Be careful to prevent autorun when inserting a CD - you never know what could be launched from it.

BTW: look at this Wikipedia article and shown logos to see if you have one of those. And use RW for testing. :D

Good luck.

Thanks for the tip, but I have already tried that and still get the same problem. CloneCD seems to only want to copy the Audio segments of the CD.

The only logo from that Wikipedia link that is on the CD is the "Enhanced CD" logo. Can't see anything else on the artwork or the CD itself.

Are there certain Enhanced CD's CloneCD can't copy or is this a new form of protection on Enhanced CD's that the CloneCD team haven't got to yet?

Are there certain Enhanced CD's CloneCD can't copy or is this a new form of protection on Enhanced CD's that the CloneCD team haven't got to yet?

I doubt there is a new copy protection on the CD.
The link from post #12 suggests:
It is safe now to say that the experiment with audio CD protections has failed.
It's more likely that the structure of the CD confuses CloneCD.
Try to play a little creating custom profiles, but make sure "Only read the first Session" is unticked.

I think the others here might be give more help then I would when I did that was like long long time ago when I first had anydvd and clonecd but I don't recall which of my music cds they were as I have them now packed away.. :bang: but one I do recall other talking about was the sony cds that had the enhanced cds with the copy protection that anydvd removed. That's what I can remember I bought so many cds back then I would have to dig out the box that holds the cds now and read the back to see which one says enhanced but I do remember I own one or more then one that has it saying "enhanced cd" on the back label.

After fiddling about with numerous settings on CloneCD, I still haven't got this CD to copy properly and have given up.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their help, but unfortunately I still wasn't able to copy this CD. For future reference I had the European version of the CD and am not sure if the same problem applies to the New Edition version.

Maybe you should create a info log file and send it to slysoft and see what their programmers can make of it.

Back