• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems backing up BAND OF BROTHERS

lauradark

Was backing up Band of Brothers for my husband and I keep getting a error on Disc 2 part 2. It says:

WARNING

Failed to Read DVD

This could have several reasons:

1. DVD Media is dirty, you can try to clean it.

2. DVD Media is damage, you have to replace it.

3. Your drive is a region locked RPC2 Drive, which does not allow the reading of scrambled sectors from a different region and you try to read a DVD from a different region.

4. Your drive is an RPC2 Drive that has not yet been assigned a region. Try to assign one.

The discs are brand new, I'm backing them up because we loan out our stuff alot. I know they aren't damaged or dirty and it will back up Disc 1 both parts AND disc 3 both parts! But just not Disc 2 part 2!

Any suggestions? I attached a logfile.

Thanks.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_BAND_BROTHERS_D2.zip
    142 KB · Views: 5
"Play" is not the same as "Read"

I am thinking in terms of a data error in transferring the content which is something you will hardly notice when playing that DVD.

Can we have a look at a scan with Nero's "Speed" please?

Download Nero cd-dvd speed here:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5845&highlight=nero+speed

It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background like usual, please select the tab labeled "scandisc".
Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start".
If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine.

problem solved

I downloaded the Nero cd-dvd speed program and yeah, there are some bad sectors on the disc. If I were to return the discs and get a whole new set do you think they would have the same problems since they were all burned together from the main company?

I downloaded the Nero cd-dvd speed program and yeah, there are some bad sectors on the disc. If I were to return the discs and get a whole new set do you think they would have the same problems since they were all burned together from the main company?

You should return the discs for a replacement. No one can say for sure that the replacement will be 100% but if you spent money on the DVDs then you deserve to get what you paid for and a flawed DVD is not what you paid for.

I had the same problems with backing up my set of band of brothers, it took me three returns to finally get a set where the second disc did not have bad sectors when run through nero cd-dvd speed program.

Back