Problems backing up BAND OF BROTHERS

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by lauradark, Feb 25, 2008.

1. lauradark

lauradark New Member

Was backing up Band of Brothers for my husband and I keep getting a error on Disc 2 part 2. It says:

WARNING

Failed to Read DVD

This could have several reasons:

1. DVD Media is dirty, you can try to clean it.

2. DVD Media is damage, you have to replace it.

3. Your drive is a region locked RPC2 Drive, which does not allow the reading of scrambled sectors from a different region and you try to read a DVD from a different region.

4. Your drive is an RPC2 Drive that has not yet been assigned a region. Try to assign one.

The discs are brand new, I'm backing them up because we loan out our stuff alot. I know they aren't damaged or dirty and it will back up Disc 1 both parts AND disc 3 both parts! But just not Disc 2 part 2!

Any suggestions? I attached a logfile.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Frank

Frank SlySoft Support Team

"Play" is not the same as "Read"

I am thinking in terms of a data error in transferring the content which is something you will hardly notice when playing that DVD.

Can we have a look at a scan with Nero's "Speed" please?

Download Nero cd-dvd speed here:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5845&highlight=nero+speed

It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background like usual, please select the tab labeled "scandisc".
    Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start".
    If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine.

3. lauradark

lauradark New Member

problem solved

I downloaded the Nero cd-dvd speed program and yeah, there are some bad sectors on the disc. If I were to return the discs and get a whole new set do you think they would have the same problems since they were all burned together from the main company?

4. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

You should return the discs for a replacement. No one can say for sure that the replacement will be 100% but if you spent money on the DVDs then you deserve to get what you paid for and a flawed DVD is not what you paid for.

5. lauradark

lauradark New Member

Thanks. I guess it's a hit and miss game.

6. mahoney19

mahoney19 Active Member

I had the same problems with backing up my set of band of brothers, it took me three returns to finally get a set where the second disc did not have bad sectors when run through nero cd-dvd speed program.