• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems after ist copy

syme

Hi
I’ve been using both Any DVD and Clone DVD for approx 18 months. All worked fine up till about 6 months ago. The problem I now get is after a clean install of xp (always using the latest version of both Any and Clone DVD) and updates Clone DVD will read and copy the fist disc I do in about 45 mins which is excellent, if I then proceed to do another copy of a different disc the time to complete is approximately between 3 and 4 hours. Even having done further updates of clone and any DVD makes no difference the time remains about 3 to 4 hours. The only way to get it to work as it should is to either do a system restore back to the first install of the programs. I recently changed my hard disc on the computer to see if it maybe causing issues but it had no improvement at all.

Please can someone help?

Regards

Syme

a) Is DMA enabled for your drives in
i) Windows XP?
ii) Windows Vista?
iii) general?

b) Is the original source disc bad? If so, the reading process will take longer.
Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

c) Did you select an appropriate burn speed in Clonedvd? Obviously 4x is going to take longer than 12x.

d) Try another cable on the back of your burner (try an 80 wire cable if you have an ide burner). Maybe your existing cable has gone bad.

e) Try defragmenting your hard drive.

f) Ensure speed control is unchecked in Anydvd (or at least, ensure "Slow and Quiet" is not enabled).

My OS is XP
DMA is enabled
It does not matter which of my original discs I use to back up or what make of recording media I use the outcome is always the same.

I have two dvdr's a Pioneer DVD RW DVR110 Firmware 1.41 and a Pioneer DVD RW DVR111d, it makes no difference which one is used also after the first copy not only is the burn slow the read is to. The whole program including the animations appear to be running very slow.

I have two dvdr's a Pioneer DVD RW DVR110 Firmware 1.41 and a Pioneer DVD RW DVR111d, it makes no difference which one is used also after the first copy not only is the burn slow the read is to. The whole program including the animations appear to be running very slow.

1. If you have ide burners, do step 3 from here:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3651

2. Do step 4 from here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3651 (note that step 4 requires you to post information)

Back