• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem

Harroun

I got this note to send the attached. This looks like the only place to do it.

Best regards to all, stay safe.

What did you do, when AnyDVD crashed?

It appeared to happen about the time the initial scanning took place. I wanted to rip the disc. File explorer and also JRiver would not show the presence of the disc. All I got was the message to please send the zip file to you. I have three drives attached, when I tried again with a different drive nothing happens.

Thanks, Harroun

Sir, This may be a false alarm. I just rebooted my computer and now is working.

My computer is not a typical home use device. Is a workstation with dual Zeon 36 core cpu's, NVMe drives and a ton of memory. Sometimes I run into compatibility problems.

Sorry to bother you. Harroun

When in doubt, first reboot. :) Actually, that is sage advise I learned myself. When some unusual behavior occurs, first restart the PC and see if it clears up.

Reactions: DQ
Sir, I agree with you 100%. The fly in the ointment was I am ripping three discs at a time. The other two kept on ripping successfully. Any way this old man is getting a little slow at 79 years of age. My first computer experiences were when they were assembled with vacuum tubes and I was proficient with a slide rule.

You go back a bit further than I :) but I've been using computers since 1984. I did work at a place that used reel to reel tape and had a mainframe taller than I; I'm 6 foot 6 and a half. The monitor was a gas filled one. It was a really weird set up. We had modern x86 PC's connected to the mainframe over a network to issue commands to it in addition to the main monitor interface. A mixture of old and new.

I have been in "computing" for a long time myself but you guys precede me by a bit. However I LOVE hearing of the the history. Whenever anyone mentions it I think about one of my favorite documentaries. It's a great watch for anyone interested in some of the origins of modern computing.

I mean after all. These forums are about movies to a large degree ;)

"Top Secret Rosies: The Female 'Computers' of WWII (2010)"

To the topic at hand though. Agreed 100% about restarting a PC. AND with Windows 10 it HAS to be a restart because a shutdown in Win10 by default (to my understanding) is a form of sleep or hibernation so that it can boot quickly. But this causes the OS not to be fully refreshed hence the required restart.

AND with Windows 10 it HAS to be a restart because a shutdown in Win10 by default (to my understanding) is a form of sleep or hibernation so that it can boot quickly. But this causes the OS not to be fully refreshed hence the required restart.
Yes, this is correct. But you can disable this is energy settings (control panel, not in the settings yet) and you should, especially if you are using a SSD as it causes many(?) GB written each time you "shutdown" your PC.

Reactions: DQ
Yes, this is correct. But you can disable this is energy settings (control panel, not in the settings yet) and you should, especially if you are using a SSD as it causes many(?) GB written each time you "shutdown" your PC.

Very true and that is a great point. But that is why I said "by default". Most people are not going to do that. So from a generic support perspective it's best just best to say restart it. But that's just my take on it as someone who does a little support on that level from time to time.

EDIT - For anyone interested that function is called "Fast Startup" and here is a little article about it and how to disable it.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup

Last edited:
Back