• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with Troy hddvd

rcoe

This is the first hddvd I have been able to get ripped.

Got it ripped but when I go to play the file I get a message saying there is a problem with the menus. This would not be a problem, but for some reason subtitles are locked on. I can change between the different ones, but not turn them off all together.

I am using powerdvd 3104. All the options for turning them off or accessing the menu are grayed out.

So how do I shut them off or remove them all together?

Has anyone been able to back this movie up and get it to play back?

I have tried to get it running correctly on 3 different machines.

Get the same problem on all of them. Some error message about the menus at the beginning. Movie then plays fine, but I can shut off the subtitles or access any of the menus.

I even tried it on my hdcp compliant machine with anydvd shut down and got the same thing.

Just wanting to know if this is a disk problem.

Thanks,

I too have this exact same problem with this disc.

It will play from disc using Pdvd 3516, but when ripped, it won't play properly in 3319a. There is no access to menu's, and subs are locked on.

I edited the vplst000.xpl file and removed the subtitles. Its in XML but not too hard - basically delete any line that starts <SubtitleTrack

I'm having this same issue with Troy HD DVD. I'm using an LG Blu-ray/HD DVD drive with the latest AnyDVDHD version. I'm ripping into an Axonix system (actually I've tried two different servers) with the same issue. It plays but when trying to play a ripped version the menus issue pops up and I get subtitles. The Axonix is ripping the movie into an .iso file, is there a way to alter that as stated above with XML about removing the subtitles for an .iso??

Did this one a while back and I seem to remember having to click one of the options in the HD-DVD area of AnyDVD. The rename XPL one I think. I was playing the disk from an ISO created with IMGBurn though.

OK, I tried checking the "Rename the highest XPL File" and it does the same thing. I also just tried playing the movie from the disc in the drive and not the ripped version and I also get the same error.

Anybody get something else I can try??

I am ripping Troy HD DVD to my Hard drive as I am writing this reply. Should be finished backing up in 75 minutes. I am also using PDVD 3104a and will post results after watching movie from HD.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_K_TROY_HDDVD.zip
    17.5 KB · Views: 8
My ripped copy played with no forced subtitles. Once you select a subtitle you cannot turn subtitles off using the PDVD subtitle button. You can only turn them off by using the DVD title menu. You first select title menu by pressing the menu button (the button just to the right of the FF fast forward button) Then using the arrow keys on your keyboard select "settings" and press enter. Then press language settings, go to subtitles and select off. Press the arrow down key several times to make the menu bar disappear.

That's the problem, I can't get to the Menu Pop-Up to shut it off because when I play the movie I get a message saying there "is a problem loading the menus" and the movie starts with subtitles.

Back