Problem with "The Wire" Season 1: Disk 2

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by azoom1, Apr 17, 2008.

1. azoom1

azoom1 New Member

I'm running AnyDVD 6.4.1.2 on updated Vista. When I try to use WMP to play this DVD while AnyDVD is running, it will crash the computer and require a hard reboot. I get the menu screen, and the eqisode selection screen, but once I start Episode 4, it locks up WMP, locks up AnyDVD, and the computer pretty much is dead until I hard-reboot. It won't even do a normal restart - I have to power off/on.

If I exit AnyDVD before playing the DVD, it plays fine with no issues.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

You don't have Service Pack 1 installed. Install Service Pack 1.

Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

Other than updating to service pack 1, and perhaps seeing if there's a WMP update, I'm out of suggestions, since this disc has nothing interesting with respect to protection on it (just RCE and CSS). I would probably also suggest trying different playback software to see if you can reproduce the issue in more than one program.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  3. Webslinger

Actually, do this as well please:

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

4. azoom1

azoom1 New Member

Huh... I guess when I reinstalled Vista it never got SP1. Thanks for pointing that out. I will install the service pack, and try the Nero thing and let you know. Thanks.

5. Webslinger

I would also try another dvd software player just to see if the problem isn't specific to WMP.