• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with ripping a DVD

Doomster

I have a paid-for version of AnyDVD and I have used it to rip my DVD collection onto my NAS server, which I then watch using Kodi on Amazon Fire TV.

Most of the DVDs I ripped have no problems. But there's one that I ripped that's having problems.

The AnyDVD ripped the DVD into files in a directory, and under that directory, there's a VIDEO_TS directory. In that is a VIDEO_TS.IFO file.

Usually, when I play the files back in Kodi, Kodi will play some intro clips, usually trailers or piracy warnings. Then it will show the DVD menu and I can navigate around the menu, set subtitles, etc. and then play the movie.

However, when I try to play the files for this DVD back in Kodi, Kodi complains in its log that the VIDEO_TS.IFO file is corrupt. It looks like AnyDVD had problems ripping this DVD.

How do I report this issue? AnyDVD allows you to create a logfile, which I did on this DVD. Do I report the issue here in this forum, or do I contact support?

Please post an AnyDVD logfile.

I uploaded the ziplog logfile here...

I don't know how to create a logfile when AnyDVD is actually ripping a DVD though.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.7.0_Info_D_PATHER_PANCHALI.ziplog
    139.8 KB · Views: 4
That's because you can't when ripping.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

I uploaded the ziplog logfile here...

I don't know how to create a logfile when AnyDVD is actually ripping a DVD though.
Looks fine. I assume the region mismatch is intentional. You can try to set AI scanner to "always enabled" for this disc.
EDIT: Don't rip for testing. Just try Kodi on the original disc.

Back