Problem with ripping a DVD

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Doomster, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Doomster

Doomster Member

I have a paid-for version of AnyDVD and I have used it to rip my DVD collection onto my NAS server, which I then watch using Kodi on Amazon Fire TV.

Most of the DVDs I ripped have no problems. But there's one that I ripped that's having problems.

The AnyDVD ripped the DVD into files in a directory, and under that directory, there's a VIDEO_TS directory. In that is a VIDEO_TS.IFO file.

Usually, when I play the files back in Kodi, Kodi will play some intro clips, usually trailers or piracy warnings. Then it will show the DVD menu and I can navigate around the menu, set subtitles, etc. and then play the movie.

However, when I try to play the files for this DVD back in Kodi, Kodi complains in its log that the VIDEO_TS.IFO file is corrupt. It looks like AnyDVD had problems ripping this DVD.

How do I report this issue? AnyDVD allows you to create a logfile, which I did on this DVD. Do I report the issue here in this forum, or do I contact support?

2. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Please post an AnyDVD logfile.

3. Doomster

Doomster Member

I uploaded the ziplog logfile here...

I don't know how to create a logfile when AnyDVD is actually ripping a DVD though.

Attached Files:

4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

That's because you can't when ripping.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

5. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Looks fine. I assume the region mismatch is intentional. You can try to set AI scanner to "always enabled" for this disc.
    EDIT: Don't rip for testing. Just try Kodi on the original disc.