• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem With Riping With Anydvd

starz

I just got a new DVD Drive for my HDCP a LH-20A1S SATA 2 Lite on DVDBurner. the drive reads dvds when played with PowerDVD8 and can burn and verify ISO files that were created on my HDD with my old DVD drive.
AnyDVD scans the disc (21 movie)&(In The Shadow Of The Moon documentary) and reports the encryptions from both discs in Status window. when I go to click rip in AnyDVD 6.4.5.6 or to Select the drive in CloneDVD 2.9.1.9 I get in AnyDVD the "Drive is Not Ready" error. also it pops up a message.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Failed To read DVD!
This could have several reasons:
1. -DVD Media is dirty, you can try to clean it.
2. -DVD Media is damaged, you have to replace it.
3. -your drive is a region locked RPC2 Drive, which does not allow reading of scrambled sectors from a different
region and you try to read a DVD from a different region.
Known drives having this problem are RICOH/Phillips DVD Writers and Matshita/panasonic DVD readers and writers
you can try to find a RPC1 patched firmware at http://www.rpc1.com

4. -your drive is an RPC2 that has not been assigned a region. try to assign one or try to find a patch.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
cloneDVD says IFO error.
------------------------
these disc's work with another liteon DVD/BD SATA 2 BURNER AnyDVD and Clone DVD combination can read them with no problems.

I set the new drive to region 1
still have the same issue.

I have the firmware upgraded to the latest that they have on the Liteon Website for both Drives.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
STATUS FROM THE AFFECTED DRIVE
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.4.5.6)
LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S 9L09 2008/02/13 10:14
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: 21
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
UDF filesystem patched!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Found & removed 31 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
ahhh here we go its making a log now hmm.
and taking for ever while it's at it.
and there goes the Failed to Read DVD error again.
and there we have a log.
I don't know if this drives bad! I don't think it is. I nearly positive the drives not bad. but I could be wrong.
I don't think its Anydvd ether.
or rather I think this drive is blocking the ripper and cloneDVD. but again I can't be certain. I'm hoping the log will help someone help me.

:confused::bang::bang::bang:

"21" is the log from the drive that wont allow anything to be riped.
"In The Shadow Of The Moon" is the log from the drive that reads both discs fine.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_21.zip
    229.5 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_Info_E_IN_THE_SHADOW_OF_THE_MOON_US.zip
    123.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
problem resolved it's self some how...havn't a clue as to how... yet:D:D:D

From the 21 logs:

read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
tries 9 retry 4064701 to 4064702
tries 8 retry 4064701 to 4064702
tries 7 retry 4064701 to 4064702
tries 6 retry 4064701 to 4064702
tries 5 retry 4064701 to 4064702
tries 4 retry 4064701 to 4064702
tries 3 retry 4064701 to 4064702
tries 2 retry 4064701 to 4064702
tries 1 retry 4064701 to 4064702
tries 0 retry 4064701 to 4064702
read error 4064701 to 4064702, max 4169920, io->read_error 1

Read error. As a result of that error AnyDVD is deleting a lot of the titlesets.

dvd.deletedTitleSets (29): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31

Check to see if the disc is bad or possible your DVD drive is dying.

From In the Shadow of the Moon logs:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.4.5.6)
LITE-ON BD B LH-2B1S AL09 R___
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

volume 1
compute 1 of 20
authenticate_drive: obtain 0
agid 0
client bd8466c976207ffbb045
key1 1dce31aff0
variant 0
host 31275097a92800444be2
key2 af6f8381da
challenge 1dce31aff0af6f8381da
bus b90f1a01e9
report titlekey failed, sense 5:6f:4
authenticate_drive: obtain 1
agid 0
client bd8466c976207ffbb045
key1 1dce31aff0
variant 0
host c3d10bff77b5fd9c3939
key2 7ce9c1a1c0
challenge 1dce31aff07ce9c1a1c0
bus 6a7078502b
player 1 of 34
player 1 of 34
disc 6acb11d3bf
report titlekey failed, sense 5:6f:2
authenticate_drive: obtain 1

Set your DVD drive region. It appears that the titlekeys aren't being obtained correctly.

Last edited:
[
QUOTE=DrinkLyeAndDie;122799]From the 21 logs:

Read error. As a result of that error AnyDVD is deleting a lot of the titlesets.

Check to see if the disc is bad or possible your DVD drive is dying.

it's brand new. it burned 20 DVD's and verified them perfectly.

no issues came till I tried to rip. I never rebooted and never took the disc out. It just idled down and presto I can't get any issues out of it anymore. how it fixed it's self I don't know. I went from errors on any disc I stuck in there to no issues at all.....again the drives brand new out of the box.

it would have to be able to read to verify a disc. thus my 20 burns is like also reading 20 DVDs. why the ripping software didn't work for a bit I simply don't know.

From In the Shadow of the Moon logs:

Set your DVD drive region. It appears that the titlekeys aren't being obtained correctly.
[/QUOTE] done. new logs uploaded.

"21" is again from the SAME drive... the one that had the issue.
"In The Shadow of the Moon" is also from the OTHER drive that had NO issue I set the region code.

thx
starz8)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_21.zip
    240.4 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_Info_E_IN_THE_SHADOW_OF_THE_MOON_US.zip
    123.6 KB · Views: 1
done. new logs uploaded.

"21" is again from the SAME drive... the one that had the issue.
"In The Shadow of the Moon" is also from the OTHER drive that had NO issue I set the region code.

thx
starz8)

I have no real idea what to say about 21. Maybe the disc is borderline. Maybe it's slightly warped. Maybe there was a speck of dust. The errors aren't showing up now.

The titlekey issue is resolved with In The Shadow of the Moon. It really really is becoming more important for people to set their drive regions.

I see nothing that stands out in either set of new logs.

I have no real idea what to say about 21. Maybe the disc is borderline. Maybe it's slightly warped. Maybe there was a speck of dust. The errors aren't showing up now.

The titlekey issue is resolved with In The Shadow of the Moon. It really really is becoming more important for people to set their drive regions.

I see nothing that stands out in either set of new logs.

thats good to know! thx

I think the drives just kinda how should I put it ... buggy!
About the region code setting. it kinda slipped my mind as its a BLU-RAY BURNER and I set that region to A forgot about the DVD side of the coin. I normally dont use my BD burner to read DVDs as it's slower + I rather put my DVD wear n tear on a cheap $30 throw away drive. witch they seam to be getting more and more to be just that throw aways. liteon is a great burner all and all but it don't like reading imperfective media..... the slightest imperfection causes read errors on all of them.....on the + side that helps prevent borderline bad burns from entering my backup collection.:D

though only 1 bad burn in 200 actually accrue. and sometimes not even that often. and I know alot of people here swear by verbatim DVD+R SL....I also did till the last oh say 10 packs showed were there quality went....they didn't just change there packageing.........they changed there quality to what memorex is known for.:( in fact i'd say its worse now then memorex....sigh...

anyways thx for your help.
starz.:D
;)

thats good to know! thx

I think the drives just kinda how should I put it ... buggy!
About the region code setting. it kinda slipped my mind as its a BLU-RAY BURNER and I set that region to A forgot about the DVD side of the coin. I normally dont use my BD burner to read DVDs as it's slower + I rather put my DVD wear n tear on a cheap $30 throw away drive. witch they seam to be getting more and more to be just that throw aways. liteon is a great burner all and all but it don't like reading imperfective media..... the slightest imperfection causes read errors on all of them.....on the + side that helps prevent borderline bad burns from entering my backup collection.:D

though only 1 bad burn in 200 actually accrue. and sometimes not even that often. and I know alot of people here swear by verbatim DVD+R SL....I also did till the last oh say 10 packs showed were there quality went....they didn't just change there packageing.........they changed there quality to what memorex is known for.:( in fact i'd say its worse now then memorex....sigh...

anyways thx for your help.
starz.:D
;)

For what it's worth DVD read/burner prices have dropped a lot over the years. Any good reader or burner can be had for 30 USD or less. I just picked up a Samsung SH-S223F (SATA) drive for 28 USD with free 3 day shipping to replace my dying Plextor PX-760A. I needed a fast drive for reading and the Samsung is a great drive for that especially with patched firmware. It's not the best burner in the world but it's a great reader and that's why I got it.

The quality of the brand new commercial discs seem to be falling more and more and as a result we're going to likely end up having problems simply because we get flawed discs that are outright bad or borderline. That's enough of an obstacle to begin with. Throw in a temperamental DVD reader that only reads a disc when it decides it is in the mood just makes matter worse. Lastly, of course, throw in lower quality blank media when we get around to burning the backup we created and we can have problems there, as well, and the quality of the DVD burner is also factored into that equation. In short, there are numerous factors in play and sometimes it can make your head spin.

Interesting that you mention a drop in quality with Verbatims. I haven't run across any issues at all. I don't think I've ended up with a coaster in over a year. Any times I have run across issues when I've gone back I find that the issue that may have shown up on the burned backup actually also existed on the original disc or even the backup before it was burned to a blank disc. Unlike many people I don't ever burn over 12x regardless of the my burners being rated at 16x or above.

A lot of people forget to set the drive region. It's not something many think about. It's just good to remind people. Some people, however, are very stubborn and don't want to set the drive. Well, as I pointed out with your logs not setting the drive region can cause a problem.

I have an LG GGC-H20L that only only gets used when I'm watching a HD or BD disc. Otherwise it is never touched. I'm not wearing that drive out for something a normal DVD burner can do. That would just be illogical.

Anyway, glad to have helped if I did.

For what it's worth DVD read/burner prices have dropped a lot over the years. Any good reader or burner can be had for 30 USD or less. I just picked up a Samsung SH-S223F (SATA) drive for 28 USD with free 3 day shipping to replace my dying Plextor PX-760A. I needed a fast drive for reading and the Samsung is a great drive for that especially with patched firmware. It's not the best burner in the world but it's a great reader and that's why I got it.

yeah I have had a few Samsung DVD reader writers, they are very good at reading the worst of disc's. though I agree with you like Sony there burn quality isn't all that or perhaps that has changed. manufactures change everything so much that the chances of a repeat of a good thing is sometimes often slim or can surprise ya, thing about Samsung I noticed was the shading when they write it's not how on earth do u even explain this lol.....smoth all the way across. about 3 years ago I played the who has the best DVD burner game cause I was tired of all the DVDs that were coasters. each manufacture had a burner manufacturer list witch they recommended for use with there disc's. at the time verbatims DL disc's were 80 bucks for 20 and the recommended liteon, plextor and Sony. after a lil research and trying out every drive in the store with exception to plextor i found liteon to best at it's job for the value (drives at the time still reached into the upper 200's). and everyone at the stores recommended them. at the time plextor was #1 rated Drive and Liteon took second place. today I have no clue......as things change.

The quality of the brand new commercial disc's seem to be falling more and more and as a result we're going to likely end up having problems simply because we get flawed discs that are outright bad or borderline. That's enough of an obstacle to begin with. Throw in a temperamental DVD reader that only reads a disc when it decides it is in the mood just makes matter worse. Lastly, of course, throw in lower quality blank media when we get around to burning the backup we created and we can have problems there, as well, and the quality of the DVD burner is also factored into that equation. In short, there are numerous factors in play and sometimes it can make your head spin.
yeah I agree a drive thats poor at reading bad discs or boarline bad discs is a bad thing (in-terms of reading originals) but in terms a verifying a disc that u just burned. well I rather see it fail at the slightest imperfection in the disc I just burned.

Interesting that you mention a drop in quality with Verbatims. I haven't run across any issues at all. I don't think I've ended up with a coaster in over a year. Any times I have run across issues when I've gone back I find that the issue that may have shown up on the burned backup actually also existed on the original disc or even the backup before it was burned to a blank disc. Unlike many people I don't ever burn over 12x regardless of the my burners being rated at 16x or above.
The issue with verbatims that I had in the last 3 100 packs was with poor dies it looked like the disc's had been baked in a oven. like faded from the center out. packs were bought a multiple stores. last 1000 I have had nearly all had very tiny hard to see but definitely there pits on the read surface. I was in a habit for a long time of turning my blanks over under a light. (u can't see these in normal light). some are worse then others. the disc's at the top and bottom of the packs I normally had to toss. while I had a low coaster rate. in the last pack I had a high read error rate in my DVD players. witch was new for me... and yes I used to swear buy the brand. even DL witch I wont bother with anymore had the pits on some. I'd still use them for DL cause nothing els works witch is a no wounder why no one buys um. lol when I use Clone DVD I keep the disc intact but I remove all the unneeded language tracks. my slightly compressed one layer 20 cent blank looks no worse then my $3.00 DL copy. besides I will buy the movies again on BLU-RAY later when released. now theres QUALITY ;). Far's speed my drive is set to 16 X at that setting the drives set higher then it will actually write. it typically stays around 6X finishing off at 13 X speed for me has never played a role in the quality or lasting of my DVDs or Cd's. I had a few packs of dirty memorex disc's that wouldn't turn out when above 6X but they were 16X. but I agree if you have the time slowing it is not a bad idea. though I have read theres a thing called burning to slow.

A lot of people forget to set the drive region. It's not something many think about. It's just good to remind people. Some people, however, are very stubborn and don't want to set the drive. Well, as I pointed out with your logs not setting the drive region can cause a problem.

well I'm glade u pointed it out and I'm glade I know now that it actually matters very useful bit of info I never knew, figured anydvd took care of that so u could watch muti regional disc's. for me I rather have it set. I only use R1 DVDs and region A BD'

I have an LG GGC-H20L that only only gets used when I'm watching a HD or BD disc. Otherwise it is never touched. I'm not wearing that drive out for something a normal DVD burner can do. That would just be illogical.

that is my feeling on it too cause my drive did cost me $500
I replacement burner is still 300 for BD readers are down to $100
but still.

Anyway, glad to have helped if I did.
you did! Alot obviously!:rock: And I thank you Very Much for your time reading and writing back, Every Day you can learn something new on these forms.:D anyways Thx again
Starz:clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
guess I ran out of times I could [/QUOTE] in that last reply....still getting the multi quoting thing down pat.....I seams not to be that good at it yet. lol ...sorry :doh:

kind of screwed it all up

Last edited:
Back