• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with Reign of Fire (BD)

Sorry, I figured it out. It played perfectly. Any other ideas why I can't rip it?

Well, you did rip it...just using a different method. Try using the AnyDVD ripper against the mounted image and see if that works. (Yea, I know, seems foolish but I'm trying to help narrow this down)

You need to install Daemon Tools first and foremost.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5

Once it's installed, you click on the system tray icon for daemon tools, and then you can select the ISO you just created to mount it.

If you've successfully created the image with AnyDVD disabled, something seems wrong and it's not necessarily a bad disc. We'll have to keep digging.

Thanks SamuriHL, I did install it and figured out how to mount it. Everything went fine, the movie played without problem or delay. How do we keep digging? Thanks.

Thanks SamuriHL, I did install it and figured out how to mount it. Everything went fine, the movie played without problem or delay. How do we keep digging? Thanks.

I'm a bit curious. Is the problem with Anydvd crashing happening with all discs--or just this one?

If it's all discs, something must be interfering with Anydvd on your system, but I'm not certain what that would be, unfortunately.

I'm a bit curious. Is the problem with Anydvd crashing happening with all discs--or just this one?

If it's all discs, something must be interfering with Anydvd on your system, but I'm not certain what that would be, unfortunately.

All (or rather the two that I have) Blu-Ray. It works fine on reg DvD. I don't have any HD-DvDs to try.

Well, you did rip it...just using a different method. Try using the AnyDVD ripper against the mounted image and see if that works. (Yea, I know, seems foolish but I'm trying to help narrow this down)

I can't seem to direct AnyDVD to the ISO file. How would that work? Also, I've tried a third Blu-ray disc and I received the same error message. I purchased this product specifically to rip Blu-ray, what else can I possibly do to get it to work? Thanks for your help.

Joe

I can't seem to direct AnyDVD to the ISO file. How would that work? Also, I've tried a third Blu-ray disc and I received the same error message. I purchased this product specifically to rip Blu-ray, what else can I possibly do to get it to work? Thanks for your help.

Joe

"Direct AnyDVD to the ISO?" Ok, you've got some serious confusion going on here. Let's break it down. Since you're new to this, let's do it the easy way for now.

-Make sure AnyDVD HD is enabled
-Open ImgBurn or CloneCD
-Use read mode to create an ISO file on your hard drive
-Install either Daemon Tools or Virtual CloneDrive
-Use Daemon Tools or Virtual CloneDrive to mount your ISO into the virtual drive
-You are now good to go. PowerDVD will play from the virtual drive

If you get confused on any of these steps, yell...someone here will assist.

"Direct AnyDVD to the ISO?" Ok, you've got some serious confusion going on here. Let's break it down. Since you're new to this, let's do it the easy way for now.

-Make sure AnyDVD HD is enabled
-Open ImgBurn or CloneCD
-Use read mode to create an ISO file on your hard drive
-Install either Daemon Tools or Virtual CloneDrive
-Use Daemon Tools or Virtual CloneDrive to mount your ISO into the virtual drive
-You are now good to go. PowerDVD will play from the virtual drive

If you get confused on any of these steps, yell...someone here will assist.

Not sure what you mean by mounting it into the virtual hard drive. I've used Imgburn to create the ISO file and I can play that from the hard drive, but AnyDVD isn't ripping it.

Not sure what you mean by mounting it into the virtual hard drive. I've used Imgburn to create the ISO file and I can play that from the hard drive, but AnyDVD isn't ripping it.

What is it you're trying to accomplish here? If you've made a playable ISO, what is it that you need? AnyDVD is doing its job by allowing you to either create an unprotected ISO that you can play or a protected ISO that you can play with AnyDVD running. There's no need for "anydvd to rip it".

What is it you're trying to accomplish here? If you've made a playable ISO, what is it that you need? AnyDVD is doing its job by allowing you to either create an unprotected ISO that you can play or a protected ISO that you can play with AnyDVD running. There's no need for "anydvd to rip it".

For regular DVD's, I can right click on the AnyDVD icon in the bottom right and one of the options is rip to disk. However, this same function freezes when I try it with Blu-ray.

For regular DVD's, I can right click on the AnyDVD icon in the bottom right and one of the options is rip to disk. However, this same function freezes when I try it with Blu-ray.

But what is the need for that functionality? If you can make working ISOs, I don't get the point of wanting to use the AnyDVD Ripper. It's not like you'll be able to play a folder from a recent version of PowerDVD.

But what is the need for that functionality? If you can make working ISOs, I don't get the point of wanting to use the AnyDVD Ripper. It's not like you'll be able to play a folder from a recent version of PowerDVD.

It's the family. It gets too complicated to have them remember to right click on Daemon Tools Lite, go to virtual dvd, and mount the image. It's much easier to open the shortcut for the file folder labeled DVDs double click on the movie folder and then double click on the first file because everything is clearly labeled.

It's the family. It gets too complicated to have them remember to right click on Daemon Tools Lite, go to virtual dvd, and mount the image. It's much easier to open the shortcut for the file folder labeled DVDs double click on the movie folder and then double click on the first file because everything is clearly labeled.

And what do you intend to play this folder with? As I've said already, any version of PowerDVD after 3319a is not going to open a folder for an HD DVD or BD. Yea, it works for DVD. Great. It does not for HD material. Besides, with Virtual CloneDrive, you simply click on the ISO and it automounts it for you. I don't see that as being any harder than clicking on a shortcut to a folder....in fact, it's a LOT easier. Once it's mounted, they open PowerDVD, select the virtual drive, and it plays. Or you set up auto play if you're into that sort of thing. Either way, it's much faster and supported by all the latest versions of PowerDVD 7 and 8.

Back