• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with Midway

Lets try this again. Unmodifed log attached. Apologies @James/@Pete for messing you around. @scotton, I appreciate what you suggest but I've used AnyDVD for a long time now and during that time have never had to set the region in my device and would prefer not to set the device region now just because of this disc. If that invalidates the log, then so be it. For the record, I mainly use an old version of Handbrake and, generally, if the clever guys here have done their wizardry on any disc, Handbrake works fine. In this case it stops immediately before processing any part of chapter 1 and the behaviour sounds exactly like what is reported at the beginning of this thread. I hope the logs help.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.7.3_Info_E_MIDWAY.ziplog
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Lets try this again. Unmodifed log attached. Apologies @Pete for messing you around. @scotton, I appreciate what you suggest but I've used AnyDVD for a long time now and during that time have never had to set the region in my device and would prefer not to set the device region now just because of this disc. If that invalidates the log, then so be it. For the record, I mainly use an old version of Handbrake and, generally, if the clever guys here have done their wizardry and which ever disc it is is handled by AnyDVD, Handbrake works fine. In this case it stops immediately before processing any part of chapter 1 and the behaviour sounds exactly like what is reported at the beginning of this thread. I hope the logs help.
As far as I know on blu-rays you don't have to set region but on dvds it has to be set to your region! Its no big deal to set region you have 4 changes after you set it but James or Pete will have to look at log file-I think handbrake may be the problem-I use clonedvd2 which works great. I am not an expert but I know a lot-Good luck!

@scotton, FYI, setting the device region made no difference to the behaviour of this disc (other than making my drive no longer region free). Handbrake behaved the same and, in PowerDVD14, with AnyDVD running it just presents a black screen when trying to play and I had to forcefully close PowerDVD. Then, having closed AnyDVD, it plays fine in PowerDVD14. @James/@Pete, Log (with device region now set) attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.7.3_Info_E_MIDWAY.ziplog
    1 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
@scotton, FYI, setting the device region made no difference to the behaviour of this disc (other than making my drive no longer region free). Handbrake behaved the same and, in PowerDVD14, with AnyDVD running it just presents a black screen when trying to play and I had to forcefully close PowerDVD. Then, having closed AnyDVD, it plays fine in PowerDVD14. @James/@Pete, Log (with device region now set) attached.
Lets try one thing before we both give up-if you never used clonedvd2 there is a 21 day trial. Also there is a new beta of clonedvd. https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/clonedvd-2-9-3-7-beta.78320/
I picked tittle 60 only but i am in region 1 -your in region 2 if this does not work then there may have to be a new version of anydvd if your dvd has different protection.Main movie is 2hr 18 minutes. Good luck.https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-and-handbrake-movie-conversion-abort-problem.73213/
Added I do not use handbrake -look at this link:https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-and-handbrake-movie-conversion-abort-problem.73213/ Sorry I pasted it twice. Added I never heard of a computer drive being region free but a stand alone dvd player being region free. see post below!

Last edited:
Region: 0 (unset) is NOT the same as region: free. It is effectively the same however as having a region assigned that's different from the inserted disc. This causes anydvd having to attempt Bruteforce cracking of the DVDs encryption keys instead of being able to do it the 'nice and easy' way.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

@scotton, the problem is evident in any applications while AnyDVD is managing the disc. I'm hoping the clever guys here can work around that.

Region: 0 (unset) is NOT the same as region: free. It is effectively the same however as having a region assigned that's different from the inserted disc. This causes anydvd having to attempt Bruteforce cracking of the DVDs encryption keys instead of being able to do it the 'nice and easy' way.
Thanks for clarifying.

Lets try this again. Unmodifed log attached. Apologies @James/@Pete for messing you around. @scotton, I appreciate what you suggest but I've used AnyDVD for a long time now and during that time have never had to set the region in my device and would prefer not to set the device region now just because of this disc. If that invalidates the log, then so be it. For the record, I mainly use an old version of Handbrake and, generally, if the clever guys here have done their wizardry on any disc, Handbrake works fine. In this case it stops immediately before processing any part of chapter 1 and the behaviour sounds exactly like what is reported at the beginning of this thread. I hope the logs help.
Either use elby CloneDVD2 or AnyDVD ripper. You can use Handbrake on the created files.

Either use elby CloneDVD2 or AnyDVD ripper. You can use Handbrake on the created files.
As suggested, I used AnyDVD to "Rip Video Disc to Harddisk" and, although I encountered the same results with the ripped version if letting it default to the main title within HandBrake or PowerDVD, I can watch it if I specifically play VTS_23_1.VOB, VTS_23_2.VOB, VTS_23_3.VOB, VTS_23_4.VOB, VTS_23_5.VOB & VTS_23_6.VOB in order.

Attachments

• PowerDVD.jpg
    PowerDVD.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I used AnyDVD to "Rip Video Disc to Harddisk" but encountered the same results with ripped version within HandBrake or playing with PowerDVD (see image). However, if I can watch it if I specifically play VTS_23_1.VOB, VTS_23_2.VOB, VTS_23_3.VOB, VTS_23_4.VOB, VTS_23_5.VOB & VTS_23_6.VOB.
Sorry, I don't understand what "the problem" is.

Sorry, I don't understand what "the problem" is.

From the ripped files, you cannot just play the film unless you manually identify the separate vobs which make up the film and then play them in the correct order, or as I have done, used copy /b to merge them together. The fact it has made the vobs available means AnyDVD has done its job and I'm happy.

I had the same issues as everyone above. I couldn't get the 60 chapter alone to work. I updated to the newest beta and nothing so I tried to left click on the AnyDVD program and close it and restart it up and BAMN... worked fine. Thought someone else might need some help.

Thanks everyone for the amazing work you guys do and how quickly you respond.

Back