• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with Media (wont burn)

Double Ahrr

I have a toshiba Internal Dvd Burner sd-r5272. I've been burning with no problems (over 100 Dvd's) until I switched media (could'nt find in stores anymore). I was using this:
v301136ald4.jpg

I switched to Hp dvd+r 16x 4.7gb. When it go to burn it would say that it didn't recognize the dvd (hp).I then realized that my burner is a 8x. So I went and bought a pack of TDK Dvd+R 8x 4.7gb. With the TDK, it would act like its burning and then prompt with a error.

I dont know what to do. Do I keep buying media hoping that one works? :confused:

Any help will be appreciated.

Hi :)
Welcome onboard Double Ahrr. :agree: :clap:
You need to get some Verbatim or Ty media.
HP & TDK use various manufacturers for their discs.
Use something like CD/DVDSpeed to tell you what f/w you have, then check that f/w to see what media is supported.
As you've already bought some media you could check to see if there's a f/w update. That may help with the current media.

Last edited:
Thanks again. I'm going to check them out. Any good deals on these dvds anywhere (store or internet)?

Thanks again. I'm going to check them out. Any good deals on these dvds anywhere (store or internet)?

Newegg always has Verbatim at a reasonable price. Very trustworthy and reliable source for all of your PC needs.

http://www.supermediastore.com/dvdplusr-media.html

They had Philips there.

Liked the easy search interface of there site.

I also have a Toshiba Internal Dvd Burner. It is one model up I imagine. The SD-R5372 model.
I like the burner. No problems to really report. Except it will not do a "Quality Scan" in Nero's CD-DVD Speed program (4.51.1).

My firmware is up to date.

This is a scan of the media before burning to it to examine it. (Right guys?)

Last edited:
Back