• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with Marvell DVDs

Crower

I just ran into a problem trying to backup a DVD of Iron Man 3 using AnyDVD HD which I'm hoping isn't attributable to the latest version (7.5.5.0) which I downloaded and installed last night.

I've been in the habit of using AnyDVD HD to simply copy the TS file collection to a blank TS folder on my hard drive and then using ImgBurn to "build" a backup DVD on DL media. This has worked successfully in the past for many DVDs. When I tried this with Iron Man 3, I noticed that it was taking a long time to copy the TS folder, and then noticed that it was listed with a 63GB size and 9 hour completion time!!!!! I stopped the copy process and went back to look at the original TS folder and it had numerous extraneous VOB folders in it (redundant ones) which did make the TS folder size look humongous and accounted for the 63GB size. I took a look at my Captain America DVD and it did the same thing, though a look at an older Maverick disk produced the normal TS structure.

Would it work better if I were to make ISOs of these problem disks and burn the ISOs using ImgBurn, or is this a bug in the new AnyDVD HD release? Unfortunately, I hadn't tried any Marvell DVDs before (I have backed up the BDs successfully) so I can't say they worked with previous versions of AnyDVD HD. I'm curious too why these disks would show the multiple copies of the video files - they are DVD/Digital copy disks (which my other disks that work ok are not)?

Thanks

You need to use clonedvd or the "rip video dvd to harddisk" option in anydvd

Sent from my SGP521 using Tapatalk

OOps - my bad. I missed the note about entering DVD issues in the AnyDVD forum (though I am using AnyDVD HD).

Could the forum administrator relocate this post to that forum? Thanks

I went ahead and experimented with ripping to ISO and then burning the ISO to a disk with ImgBurn, and that worked perfectly. Interestingly, the backup produced the same multiple VOB listings when took a look at it (kinda expected that), but it plays in my standalone player just as well as the original disk. If I make a backup again, however, I will be taking a look at DVD rebuilder to see if I can get rid of all the junk up front before the main menu appears. This feature is loaded with it.

Anyway - problem appears solved.:)

Back