• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with House of 1000 Corpses (2002)

sidmassey

Disk not recognized, will not play, not seen in AnyDvd, PowerDvd 6.0, or Explorer.

AnyDvd ver 6.1.3.0
Windows XP Home SP2
Dell Dimension 8200 P4 2.5Ghz
NEC 3520A as MD-16XDVD9A2 ver 1.F3
LiteOn DVDRW LH-20A1H ver LL05

I'm on my third copy in 3 days of this 5 year old title. It plays in my TruTech, RCA, and JVC dvd players, but will not play or be recognized in my computer.

VSO Inspector says "No Disk", RipIt4me says "Couldn't read sector 16 while parsing the file system".

All three copies appear to be flawless, and RipIt4me gives the same error message with all three.

AnyDvd simply does not see the disk, CloneDvd2 tells me there is no disk present.

Any suggestions?

1. Is the original disc seen by your computer?

2. a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot

Now does your system see your backup?

3. What What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

Primary problem is that my computer does not see this original DVD at all.

I just popped in "Charlotte's Web" to be sure AnyDvd is running, and it recognized this DVD in about 10 seconds.

Blank media is Taiyo Yuden, generally pretty reliable, but that is not the problem here.

I just updated to AnyDvd 6.1.3.3 and restarted, and computer still does not recognize this dvd.

AnyDvd tells me "On:0,Off:0,Empty:2"

Original DVD is in drive D, LiteOn, just not recognized.

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot

Do not reinstall Anydvd.

Now does your system see your original?

Last edited:
I just realized from your questions that I was not clear in my original statement of the problem.

I am trying to back up my original commercial DVD "House of 1000 Corpses", and I am unable to.

My computer does not see this original DVD, so I am unable to view it or back it up.

I would appreciate if you would answer my question. With Anydvd uninstalled is your system able to recognize the original disc? Yes or No?

Last edited:
1. Un-Installed AnyDvd.
2. Re-started computer
3. Put original disk in drive D:
4. Started PowerDvd (my dvd viewing program)
5. Message from PowerDvd: "No Disk in Drive D:"

Thanks for your help. What do you think?

Anydvd isn't the issue then. If you had said yes, I would have looked at your drivers/upper and lowerfilters.

It's either your original disc or your drives (or a compatibility issue between the two). Since your drives read
other discs fine, I would lean in the direction of the original disc being at fault.

1) What region are you in? R1?

2) Try the disc in another computer system. Is the disc recognized? If it is, I would look at
getting new drives.

Last edited:
Back