• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with HDDVD Evan Almighty

Antz

Hello,
I've got the newest AnyDVDHD 6.3.0.6 version and i try to make a securitycopy of the Disk.
At 19% AnyDVD says: read error in feature1.evo :(
Has anyone an answer or solution?

Last edited:
The disk is new...no dirt or scratch
and i did 20 disks without problems...

Last edited:
I have the same Problem here.

New Disc and Anydvd stops ripping at 19%.

The Same Problem in PowerDVD the Disc hangs at ~7 Min.
Imgburn stopped at ~ 4.706.xxx.xxx

Thx for your "condolence"...:D

Last edited:
I read, i can make a Iso File with the program IMGBurn and DaemonTools. Have anyone tested???

As I've said in other threads, when you have a problem disc, make an image using ImgBurn without AnyDVD running. If you can't do that, AnyDVD is not the problem, your disc is.

Or the drive, or possible driver conflicts on the computer in question (does anyone bother uploading the .zip file?) . . .

All that stuff is beyond the scope of help I personally provide. We leave that **** to you crazy moderator types. :D LOL! (no, no they don't.)

Sorry, here is the Log File.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_G_EVANALMIGHTY.zip
    23.3 KB · Views: 8
CDROM Class UpperFilters:
SiRemFil (system32\DRIVERS\SiRemFil.sys), Version: 1.1.7.0 (1.0.0.0)
Company: Silicon Image, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2005-2007 Silicon Image, Inc.
Description: Filter driver for Silicon Image SATALink controllers.
FileVersion: 1, 1, 7, 0
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 0
Comments: Filter driver that can mark drives attached to Silicon Image SATA controllers as removable devices.

The only filter that might be causing a conflict is SiRemFil.

Check http://www.siliconimage.com/support/ for an updated driver for your satalink device (whatever that might be . . . check device manager, maybe).

If you don't have a satalink device on your computer (you probably do though), then remove that filter:

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "SiRemFil." Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Otherwise, I suggest doing what SamuriHL wrote.

1st: Here is my log-file

2nd: I tested it with 6.3.0.9: Same problem :(
and i tried an image with imgburn 2.3.2.0: It aborted with a Read Error :(

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_G_EVANALMIGHTY.zip
    22 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
1st: Here is my log-file

und second: I have tested with 6.3.0.9: Same problem :(
and i have try a image with imgburn 2.3.2.0: It was broken by a Read Error :(

It is a bad disc and / or defective drive. Try to exchange the disc.

Ok...

but...

has anyone an Evan Almighty HDDVD that works correctly???

Last edited:
Yesterday i bought a new evan allmighty hddvd (originally sealed)!
Now,Im awaiting the delivery of it...

Last edited:
5 Evan Almighty HD DVD's & still don't work..but...

I had the same problem with all 5 Evan Almighty HD DVD's so I know it's not the discs.

I then was able to rip them with a later version of any dvd going back about a month now & it ripped fine BUT...it will NOT play off the hard drive no matter what I do. It tries to play it but stutters all the way through & to this date it's the only title that ever did this & haven't been able to fix it.

Cheers
Chris Dallas
DVD Mansion

I had the same problem with all 5 Evan Almighty HD DVD's so I know it's not the discs.

I wouldn't bet on that. Those combo discs are notoriously poor quality.

I then was able to rip them with a later version of any dvd going back about a month now & it ripped fine BUT...it will NOT play off the hard drive no matter what I do. It tries to play it but stutters all the way through & to this date it's the only title that ever did this & haven't been able to fix it.

Cheers
Chris Dallas
DVD Mansion

Sounds like a bad rip. Yes, it may have succeeded in ripping, but, that doesn't mean the rip was necessarily good. I have to say again, if you believe AnyDVD is causing a problem with ripping, turn it off, make an ISO, and THEN mount the ISO with Daemon Tools with AnyDVD running. See how that goes.

Back