• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with DVD playback (AnyDVD Speed Control related)

Dr_Mike

Had a problem with Movie playback last night which I'm pretty sure is related to AnyDVD an the speed control setting.

Drive NEC ND3540A
Software
Windows XP Home SP2
Zoomplayer using Dscaler5 codecs
AnyDVD 6.1.6.5
Disk : Face/Off R2 UK Rel June 01 (Original disk)

The Problem :

Movie playback freezes at a cerain point, Zoomplayer hangs completely and can only be killed in task manager. When I close Windows down I get the notice that "VerbosePageForm" is still running.

I uninstalled AnyDVD and the problem went away. I re-installed it but with sped control disabled and the problem stayed away. When I re-enabled speed control (DVD-video set to Slow&Quiet) it happened again at the same point in the film.

I've had this disk for afew years now and this is the first time it's happened. Likewise been using AnyDVD for a couple of years as well. Had a similar experience recently with a rental disk (United 93) which I thought at the time was just a damaged disk but now I'm not so sure.

Back