• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with Crysis and medal of honor airborne

Sorry for being sarcastic earlier, but still, deadlines are pretty important when new games come to gaming cafes ;).

Yeah, the profiles were made with the newer version (3.0.1.6). Meaning deleted and recreated.

I can say that I haven't seen this "no sound" thing before. Once a game has started, GJ shouldn't have any further effect.

A few questions.
1) Is this machine specific?
2) What happens if the game is started via "Game Watch"?

1)
Since all the computers are identical for us, I have no idea, but... I will try to test it on other computers as much as I'm able to and report about it.

2)
If I start the game through the normal executable (which is noticed by the gamewatch and the profile is activated), it gives the "conflict with emulation software detected"-error. This also happens when I create the profile (though the profile runs ok, through the GJ GUI)

If the game is started through GJ GUI / profile, it starts nicely, but doesn't have any sound (actually I've only tested this to happen with kane's wrath and can not say for sure it applies to medal of honor also).

If I start the game through the normal executable (which is noticed by the gamewatch and the profile is activated), it gives the "conflict with emulation software detected"-error. This also happens when I create the profile (though the profile runs ok, through the GJ GUI).

This indicated Game Watch doesn't seem to be loading the game correctly. First edit the profile, select "advanced option" and make sure game management is set to fully supported. Next start the game through the exe (i.e. using Game Watch). If you still get the error post the summary.log file from the GJ directory.

Regarding the no sound, check the profile has no missing data. To do this, right-click the profile, in the popup menu there is an option call "Update profile". If enable, use it (if it's not enabled then the profile is deemed to be ok).

Ok, as I predicted it still gave the same conflict with emulation software detected - error.

Regarding the no sound, check the profile has no missing data. To do this, right-click the profile, in the popup menu there is an option call "Update profile". If enable, use it (if it's not enabled then the profile is deemed to be ok).
About this... you mean there should be options by simply right clicking the profiles in the normal GJ GUI? I don't get any options right clicking, only left clicking starts the profile.

EDIT: Actually that (summary.log) was accidentally with the older version (3.0.1.5 I think), but I hope it doesn't matter. I also got some extra info for you helping debug the problem... If I install GJ as non-service, then the game doesn't launch even through the GUI, but gives the conflict with emulation software detected - error. So as I see it, installing GJ as service has some effect to it. Maybe it doesn't detect the emulation if it runs as service, thought it still lacks of sounds :).

Attachments

• Summary.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I don't have this specific game to test. Is this a new game?

Also, can you determine the protection used. Use ProtectionID and scan your HD directory where the game is installed (right click the icon on your toolbar, and select "scan files/folders"). Or just scan the main program .exe(s) that you find in the game directory on your hard drive. Provide the protection name and the version number.

The game is expansion for C&C 3 (named kane's wrath). So I assume it uses the same protection than C&C 3, but of course version might be different.

I'll scan the protection soon and post it here.

Copy protection as follows:
Kane's Wrath: 07.36.0010
Medal Of Honor Airborne and Crysis (after the patches, when the troubles started originally): 07.36.0007

EDIT: All the other games have lower securom version and they work fine, so seems securom is giving me hard time (the earlier versions were something along the line: 07.35.????, the problems seems to have started on the 07.36.????-version). Oh and I forgot to mention it's securom =D.

I hope this helps you debugging more. Because honestly I'm not very happy having a game around and not being able to take it to use for maybe couple months now. Also had to remove medal of honor from the gamelist temporarily.

Last edited:
Copy protection as follows:
Kane's Wrath: 07.36.0010
Medal Of Honor Airborne and Crysis (after the patches, when the troubles started originally): 07.36.0007

EDIT: All the other games have lower securom version and they work fine, so seems securom is giving me hard time (the earlier versions were something along the line: 07.35.????, the problems seems to have started on the 07.36.????-version). Oh and I forgot to mention it's securom =D.

I hope this helps you debugging more. Because honestly I'm not very happy having a game around and not being able to take it to use for maybe couple months now. Also had to remove medal of honor from the gamelist temporarily.

I can confirm that this is a problem with the v3.0.1.6 version of GJ. We have fixed it the next beta. You will need to replace the file "MaplomH.dll" from the next beta. I'd be happy to post the file here to make life easier... just post a reminder if I forget ;)

Here is a new dll to fix the "Conflict with emulation" message. Simply replace the existing MaplomH.dll in the GJ directory on the client machines and restart GJ.

Attachment remove... please see here

Last edited:
I can confirm that this is a problem with the v3.0.1.6 version of GJ. We have fixed it the next beta. You will need to replace the file "MaplomH.dll" from the next beta. I'd be happy to post the file here to make life easier... just post a reminder if I forget ;)

Do you mean that you will release a new beta soon and I update to it and then replace the MaplomH.dll? Because I tried to update even to: version 3019 and then replace the MaplomH.dll, recreated the C&C3: Kane's wrath profile, but it still gave the emulation-error when I tried to launch kane's wrath.

I haven't tested this with Medal of Honor Airborne yet, don't have time atm. but I will do this later on.

So did I do something wrong, or is the kane's wrath still unoperational?

P.S. And Matthew, thanks for the active problem solving, almost saved my day :D

I get the error message already when creating the profile, when the title is launching and doing the initial cd-checks. So what it seems to do is, the game actually detects gamejackal and complains about it.

So yes, when capturing and emulating :).

I will try to test it today again and report.

EDIT:
I tested the MaplomH.dll from the link you provided and at least the size of the MaplomH.dll was different, but it didn't do the trick either :(.

Last edited:
Ok... given that we are getting this same error with another game (using the new maplomh.dll file) there must be other blacklisting issues. I will investigate ASAP ;)

:bang: Driving me nuts!

Can you create a profile with game management disabled (advanced options on step 4 of the profile wizard).

Let me know if this works.
FYI - if it does work... it will only do so for a day or 2, but will confirm the issue is with the MaplomH.dll

Ok, I made the tests now. The newer update of MaplomH still has no effect :) and making the profile with game management disabled seemed to have some effect, but not total: When I create the profile it does not give the error message (usually it gives the error message even when creating profile), but the same error message did occur when launching the profile after creation.

P.S. Btw. if there is some other version etc. you want me to test always mention it. This test was done with 3.0.1.6 and profiles made as normal (did not select the full imaging mode, in the last phase of the wizard).

Hmmm back to the drawing board then :doh:

Leave it with me...

Back