• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with Crysis and medal of honor airborne

Level7|Hunis

Hey,

First of all thanks for the magnificient program. In the beginning I feared it might not change that much from previous daemon tools hazzle, but it had been better than I hoped for :). Also the forum seems very clear and active, which is a very good, since there are many other companies that don't handle things as well (smartlaunch for example). Now here comes my first serious problem / problems after using gamejackal for half a year.

The games that are not working as they should be atm. are Crysis and Medal of Honor: Airborne, the problem appeared with the latest game patches. I have updated to latest stable version (3.0.1.0). After the GJ update both games "seemed" to work. When launching through gamejackal interface, the game works, but launching the actual game exe /shortcut (and letting gamejackal detect the game launch) doesn't work and I would need them to work. One thing that differs from these launches is that GJ is set as service, so when launching through GJ-interface all the game-files are located in documents and settings/LocalService/ instead of, when launching the exe, the game files are in windows users folder: documents and settings/user/.

I will give you the info that is usually asked below:

1. What version of Game Jackal are you running?

- As stated before: 3.0.1.0

2. What Operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack?

- XP Pro SP2 (32)

3. If you have virtual drives, disable them while profiling and playing profiles. This includes Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, Virtual Clonedrive, Clonecdtray, VSO's EZ Play (comes with Blindwrite), and possibly Anydvd. These are programs that are typically blacklisted by copy protections.

- No other programs like this are running.

4. Remove packet writing software from your system (including Roxio's Directcd, Nero's Incd, Roxio/Sonic's DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, NTI's Filecd, etc.)

- No other programs like this are running.

5. What protection does your game use? Don't know? Find out before posting about issues (and include that information)! Use Protection ID. It's a free program. Use ProtectionID and scan your HD directory where the game is installed (right click the icon on your toolbar, and select "scan files/folders"). Or just scan the main program .exe(s) that you find in the game directory on your hard drive. Provide the protection name and the version number.

- Both games: SecuROM (ver 07.36.0007)

6. What is the name of the game you're trying to run?

- Crysis and Medal of Honor Airborne

7. What is the version of the game?

- Latest (don't remember exactly, but files show: Crysis = 121, Mohab = 130)

8. Is it cd or dvd version?

- DVD

9. What region or country is the original disc from?

- Should be region 2? (Europe, should be either Finland or UK version).

10. What cpu are you running?

- AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+

11. What optical drives (dvd-rom,cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? What firmware version is installed on your reader?

- Firmware version: Don't have a any clue, if needed where can I see that? (properties firmware revision, showed nothing) And for the reader, we have couple different ones, so not sure which one was it. Either: TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SH-D163B or LITE-ON DVD SOHD-167T.

12. What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Please provide version numbers.

- Windows built-in firewall

13. Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages.

- I start the game from it's original shortcut, after ~10 seconds game notifies: "Emulation software conflict detected". Launching through GJ-interface the game launches normally.

14. DONE, note that there are 2 files, one for crysis and one for MoHA

15 a) For XP users only,
Click Start, Run
type regedit
Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

- Lowerfilters: PxHelp20 maploml
Upperfilters: maplom

Attachments

• Summary_crysis.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Summary_moha.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 11
I seem to recall there is a problem with GameJackal and the latest Crysis patch, however there is a workaround. Before you install the patch, take a copy of the crysis.exe run file and save somewhere else on the PC. Install the latest patch then copy the old exe file and overwrite the new one which was created with the patch.

This worked OK for me

Cant help on the other game as I dont have it.

Hope this is of some help.

regards

sgc, thanks!
I shortly tested changing some old exe and it seems to work (though I need
more testing to be sure).

Webslinger,
I'll try also updating to the beta and see if it changes anything :)

The beta-update didn't have any effect, but the old exe seems to work.

EDIT: Actually I only tested Crysis so far, not sure about medal of honor.

Last edited:
Not sure which game you are having trouble with I have crysis and just installed that after a system being reformated and applying the original image.Then installing all my programs and games and I have no issues with Crysis 64 bit.

With all due respect Charlie, but it doesn't help me much to know that :D.

I have 32 bit system in use and I didn't have any problems until the latest Crysis patch.

But anyway, the Crysis seems to work fine with the old exe, even online. After some new troubles (as punkbuster is full of them), the Crysis is ok for us, so no need on my behalf to look into it anymore.

But I still have the problem with Medal of Honor: Airborne. Crysis was the most urgent one, since some people actually play it. Medal of Honor: Airborne, not that much :). I still need some fix to the problem, can't have customers annoyed by "broken" games. With MoHA, at least replacing the new exe with old one didn't work! It won't launch the game after that.

With Cysis, it is important that the profile be recreated with 3.0.1.0. With MoHA, right-click the profile and select "Update profile".

Last edited:
Ok. I will try again :). As I remember I already recreated the images (actually couple times) with the 3.0.1.0, but didn't try it with the beta.

There is also another new game that refuses to work. C&C 3: Kane's wrath. I will try to test creating profile with 3.0.1.0 and beta versions, but I just have a bad feeling about this, since now I just tried to launch the game DVD inserted and gamejackal running in the background (without trying to emulate the DVD), so it seems it detects gamejackal and doesn't want to launch at all. during today and I will report after that. Like I said the Crysis is ok now and in the end Medal of Honor Airborne is not that important, I can even take it away from our gamelist. But the C&C3 expansion is more important.

Ok, I was a little hasty. The Kane's wrath works fine for me. But the Medal of Honor Airborne is still not operational.

We are release beta 3.0.1.2 in the next day or so. Please try this as it contains changes to (hopefully) fix this "Insert CD/DVD" error.

Thank you Matthew for trying to fix it, unfortunately...

I tried the new 3.0.1.3 version today with Kane's wrath and it does the same as with Medal of Honot Airborne. Actually the same problem was propably in earlier versions, I just didn't notice it :).

So it launches the game only through GJ interface, not when launching the game exe.

With Kane's wrath I will have some panic now, since I'm supposed to get it operational after this week, but I can't. The enviroment is gaming cafe, so it's a little bigger problem than just 1 computer :D.

Just FYI, I deleted the old profile, recreated new one with 3.0.1.3 and once updated it also after that, but didn't work. This was done with Kane's Wrath.

So to be clear... these profiles work when launched via the GJ interface?

Yes, that is correct Matthew. All of the games (Crysis, MoHA, Kane's Wrath), have the same issue.

Ok... I need to understand how you have set this up.

Did you install the enterprise client, and then the latest Pro version over the top? For Game Jackal to detect the launching of a games, you need to have a plugin call "Game Watch" installed. This is normally installed with the enterprise client. To determine if this is installed, open the GJ setting and check the "plugin" list.

Yes, that is how I've done it. First installed enterprise edition and since it seems you make updates mostly to Gamejackal Pro, I've installed / updated only that later on.

The Plug-in shows that Gamewatch would be installed and also Enterprise plugin. Both have version 2.9.18.590.

Also I'm "pretty sure" the gamewatch works, since always when I launch the games gamejackal activates the profile and also most of the games work just fines, which also require gamejackal emulation (for example normal C&C3). But I'm not sure does the gamewatch work correctly :).

If the profile is starting... then i guess it is working correctly.

It maybe better to wait until enterprise v3 is released. This is scheduled to happen in the next couple of days. Once this version is installed... we can continue troubleshooting.

Couple of days eh? Now after 3 weeks or so, when the new version came I installed it tested and nothing still the same problem occurs. Also another thing I noticed Kane's wrath is not even 100% playable through the gamejackal interface / profile. If I start the profile directly there are no sounds in the game.

EDIT:
Actually the sound problem applies to other games also. Games that work fine otherwise, but if I start the profile straight from the GJ GUI, there are no sounds.

Last edited:
Couple of days eh?
There was a few bugs that were found and then needed to be sorted.
Now after 3 weeks or so, when the new version came I installed it tested and nothing still the same problem occurs. Also another thing I noticed Kane's wrath is not even 100% playable through the gamejackal interface / profile. If I start the profile directly there are no sounds in the game.

EDIT:
Actually the sound problem applies to other games also. Games that work fine otherwise, but if I start the profile straight from the GJ GUI, there are no sounds.
Are these profiles created with 3.0.1.6?

Back