Problem with CloneDVD on Vista?

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by Mattyl110792, May 23, 2007.

1. Mattyl110792

Mattyl110792 New Member

Hey,

First of all, it's my first post here so consider this an introduction/help post.

I have recently upgraded both of my home systems to Windows Vista (one on Ultimate the other on Home Premium) and have struck some problems with CloneDVD. Normally, I encode clips I have on my pc using WinAVI and then use CloneDVD to burn them to disc. When I first tried this with Vista, I got an error message like this..

[​IMG]

That is one main problem, the other is on some DVDs that I have recently created and wanted to make another copy of, I chuck them in and load up Clone, and when I select the disc I get another message saying "defective DVD structing, attempting to repair", If I reboot into XP and try both of the above, I recieve no errors.

I have tried both PCs and am using CloneDVD 2.9.0.8

All help is much appreciated,

Matt

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Out of curiosity, can you back up retail dvd-video movies using Clonedvd in Vista without issues?

3. Mattyl110792

Mattyl110792 New Member

Yeah that worked, and it seems most of my old dvd's work, except ones that were encoded with WinAVI.

Matt

EDIT: Just tried to copy one from the hdd that was was encoded with NeroVision, and it went no problems...maybe there is a problem with WinAVI.