• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with CloneDVD mobile on Laptops

I don't think it can be a drive issue

It's not. What I was checking for are corrupt ide busmaster drivers.

if I have the same problem opening the discs after they've been ripped to the HD and because they open fine with other software such as CloneDVD2 (from disc or folder) with AnyDVD running.

Fair enough . . .

I'm out of ideas. Maybe peer has some advice.

I've found a workaround for now - if you use CloneDVD 2 to rip the DVD, strip out the menus etc to only leave the bits you want, then process the ripped content with CloneDVD mobile it works fine.

So the problem lies somewhere between CloneDVD mobile, Vista only and certain disks - in my case it seems to be TV series discs.

I'm happy to have found a temporary solution but as you say, hopefully peer will be able to figure out a proper fix from the information I've given.

Same Vista Problem

I have the same problem. As soon as I click on "browse" to locate the files the program is shut down by Vista with the message, "CloneDVD mobile Application has stopped working."

This is a new problem with Vista. My old computer (XP) worked fine on 100 movies.

I've had exactly the same problem - albeit not with 100% of discs - I have found some that work.

I started another thread here
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=7516

which contains a workaround I discovered, but I'm aware it's a total pain to have to do it in that fashion and I sincerely hope this will be resolved shortly.

Yakuza, thank you so much for the work around, it's worked for me for The Simpsons Movie. So thankfully I'll have this as well as Transformers on my Archos for my long flight to the States.

I noticed there's two versions (one slightly longer) each with 3 camera angles, although when I flick between I can't see a difference. I wonder if this is overloading Mobile? (since it normally tries to "pick" a suitable title to convert when you select a location).

Oh, spoke too soon, now I'm getting an unsuccessful creation error.

File 2 "C:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile\apps\mencoder.exe" - -ffourcc DIVX -af volume=10 -aspect 16:9 -of avi -noodml -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=708:abitrate=128 -audio-preload 0.8 -delay 0.1 -lameopts br=128 -vf pp=fd,scale=720:576,crop=720:576:0:0,harddup -info name="THE_SIMPSONS_MOVIE_SE_F1" -ofps 25 -o "E:\Information\Mobile\THE_SIMPSONS_MOVIE.avi" 109 TCE

Encoder output:

Too many video packets in the buffer: (4096 in 8248299 bytes).
Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
Too many audio packets in the buffer: (4096 in 8257533 bytes).
Too many audio packets in the buffer: (4096 in 8257533 bytes).

Problems with Vista on laptops - any resolution?

A number of quite old threads highlight problems with CloneDVD Mobile and Vista yet, seemingly, there are no fixes coming from SlySoft.

I'm seeing exactly the same problem that others are having (though like them it's only on certain DVDs) and was wondering if there is any possibility of SlySoft looking into and resolving the issue.

I started trialling the program under XP Pro and had no problem but when I used the trial on a newly-bought laptop running Vista Premium, quite a high proportion of DVDs can't be converted.

Among the related threads I've found in this forum are:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3027
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=7516

Is it the case, for instance, that the trial version I downloaded - on Jan 8 - won't contain some related fix that the paid-for version will have?

Whatever the situation, I'd VERY much like a resolution.

This is seriously good software (under XP at any rate) and I'm sure I'm far from alone in hoping and expecting that it will work equally well under Vista without the user having to jump through a whole series of hoops - but, currently, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Thanks in anticipation

Bob C

Last edited:
There is no issue running on Vista I use Vista Ultimate 64 bit and have no issues with CloneDVD Mobile. So what issues are you having?

All Slysoft software runs fine on Vista 64 bit (with a current exception of Game Jackal, but that will change soon).

There is no issue running on Vista I use Vista Ultimate 64 bit and have no issues with CloneDVD Mobile. So what issues are you having?

Charlie,

Thanks for the reply.

My problem is EXACTLY the same as the one described in the two threads I referenced.

Further, if you look at this posting in the second thread referenced, you'll see there is even an image showing how the problem - the problem that I also have - manifests itself.

Cheers

Bob Crabtree

All Slysoft software runs fine on Vista 64 bit (with a current exception of Game Jackal, but that will change soon).

Delighted to hear it but, sadly, that fact is not overly relevant to me since, like a huge proportion of the people running Vista, I'm using an OEM 32-bit version.

Anyone else able to comment about the problem that I and others are having?

Thanks in anticipation

Cheers

Bob C

Hi Bob,

What AnyDVD version do you run?

What movie title do you try to transcode?

What exact CloneDVD mobile profile did your choose? What resolution? What quality settings?

What exact title did you choose to be copied?

What exact sound track did you choose to be copied?

What exact error message(s) do you receive and when does it (do they) appear?

Charlie,

Thanks for the reply.

My problem is EXACTLY the same as the one described in the two threads I referenced.

Further, if you look at this posting in the second thread referenced, you'll see there is even an image showing how the problem - the problem that I also have - manifests itself.

Cheers

Bob Crabtree

Hi Bob,

What AnyDVD version do you run?

What movie title do you try to transcode?

What exact CloneDVD mobile profile did your choose? What resolution? What quality settings?

What exact title did you choose to be copied?

What exact sound track did you choose to be copied?

What exact error message(s) do you receive and when does it (do they) appear?

Hi BobCrabtree, please make note to the questions asked by Chris Gonzales and answer them accordingly instead of referencing another post, if I have the title I'll do the same thing you just tried as well.

Charlie,

Sorry, I think that everyone is missing the point here - the problem seems to be specific to CloneDVD Mobile running under Vista 32-bit on a laptop.

And I've already detailed the error by referencing this posting in another thread.

The key things that Yakuza965's posting says are:

* The disc works fine in my XP machine [Bob adds - the same is true here and it also works fine under Vista on a desktop PC].

* I've tried a few other movie discs in this Vista Home Premium machine and they worked fine [Bob adds - initially, I was able to convert a couple of DVDs but right now, I seem to be getting the error on all DVDs].

* The error window I get immediately I attempt to open the Video_TS folder from one of the discs that I have issues with is this [Bob adds - this is referencing an image that is included in that posting]

* As you can see from the image, CloneDVD mobile has not loaded the disc - this error comes up immediately the enter key is pressed after entering the Video_TS folder location [Bob adds - same here].​

Anyway, here's my attempt at answering the questions - some of which are not answerable given that the error happens at the stage where I select a Video_TS folder.

Q. What AnyDVD version do you run?
A. All PCs concerned - three in total - are running V.1.1.6.0

Q. What movie title do you try to transcode?
A. Too many to mention - and, the fact is that now, the laptop running Vista seems to have this problem with all discs. The only disc that has given problems on the other PCs is SOPRANOS_SEASON6_FINAL_DISC3 and this has a quite different problem that I'll detail in a different thread.

Q. What exact CloneDVD mobile profile did your choose? What resolution? What quality settings?
A. In every case, on every PC, the profile is Archos AV/PMA/Gmini (400/500/700). Resolution is NOT set on the problem PC because this option is only available once a DVD has been 'accepted' - the error is displayed before this stage - likewise quality settings - but, nonetheless, the resolution setting that has been used on all three PCs is 480x360 and the quality setting is 17 (though, as I said, I don't get to that stage currently on the laptop because it barfs out with an error immediately I attempt to open a Video_TS folder)

Q. What exact title did you choose to be copied?
A. Sorry, I don't understand the question

Q. What exact sound track did you choose to be copied?
A. I don't get to this option because the error happens immediately I attempt to open a Video_TS folder

Q. What exact error message(s) do you receive and when does it (do they) appear?
A. Precisely as detailed in this posting in another thread.

To re-iterate. The problem seems to be specific to a laptop running Vista 32-bit and seems to be unrelated to the DVD itself since other PCs running the same version of CloneDVD Mobile (one XP, one Vista) do not have the problem with the same discs.

And, of course, this is why the title of this thread is so very specific. The subject line reads, 'Problems with Vista on laptops - any resolution?' because I am having the same problem that two others using Vista laptops have had.

Thanks in anticipation for any suggestions of steps I might carry out to try to come up with a solution.

Cheers

Bob

Hi BobCrabtree, please make note to the questions asked by Chris Gonzales and answer them accordingly instead of referencing another post, if I have the title I'll do the same thing you just tried as well.

1. Use Anydvd 6.3.0.9 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6309.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. Right click the red fox icon, and select "rip video dvd to harddisk." Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish.

4. Ensure that you're using Clonedvd mobile 1.1.6.0: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVDmobile1160.exe

5. Use the rip from step 3 as the source

If you experience issues, please provide the full error message so others can assist you better in addition to doing this:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

Webslinger,

Thanks for the massively detailed response!!

I will, of course, follow your guidelines and report back here as soon as I can.

But what I'd like to know is why I'm having the problem on this Vista laptop and not on a Vista desktop PC or an XP desktop PC which are both running the same software.

That's not just me being picky - the fact is that the detailed steps that you very kindly provide are a whole lot more trouble than the few clicks that are needed when CloneDVD is able (as it is on the Vista and XP desktop PCs) to convert DVDs that are being cracked in real-time by AnyDVD.

But what I'd like to know is why I'm having the problem on this Vista laptop and not on a Vista desktop PC or an XP desktop PC which are both running the same software.

I don't know. That's why I outlined those steps so I can try to see if there's an issue on your laptop.

try this

on my tablet pc, dvd mobile worked fine and then when i got it back from the fujitsu warranty center for a hardware issue it didnt work anymore.
They cleaned out my machine and reinstalled Windows xp.

I had the exact same problems you are encountering,
however I am not running Vista.
I used 'killedit' to kill process one by one, and after hours of investigating,
i found that by killing tabtip.exe would allow DVD mobile to work again.

tabtip.exe is a memory manager and performance enhancer exclusively for laptop and tablet versions of windows.

it would be nice if a new version of clone dvd 'MOBILE' would be corrected to work with MOBILE computers.

Back