• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with CloneDVD freezing up

amfowler777

Hi,

I have encountered a problem with CloneDVD freezing up while it is cloning the DVD. I just purchased the keys to both AnyDVD and CloneDVD and the trial version worked great. I had absolutely no problems at all with it. I don't even get to the burn process, it only gets to about maybe 10% on the progress bar and it just freezes up. Everything freezes, the video, the time remaining and the VSO thingy also, it only goes so far and will not do anything else. I have not changed anything at all different from what I was doing with the trial version to the purchased keys. Please help, I would like to find out why this has happened. I am still using the same DVDs that I am burning (they are episodic, dual layered) and the same type of media which worked just fine when I was using the trial version. This problem is not with the actual burning process, I can't even get that far now. Thanks for your help in advance.

In addition to doing what Zebadee posted, please ensure you're using Clonedvd 2.9.1.1 and Anydvd 6.1.6.9 (or whatever the latest versions are). visit http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

Older versions of both programs contained some bugs.

Last edited:
Well, after you read this you will know that I am not real computer savvy. I have went in and done the CCleaner and I also did the AdvancedWindowsCarePersonal, plus I already had the Ultra Wincleaner on my computer so I have done all of these. I did uninstall the CloneDVD before I did each of the cleaners BUT I also uninstalled AnyDVD for some reason (don't ask me why, I wasn't having problems with it to begin with). Anyway, I then did the clean install of AnyDVD and CloneDVD. The CloneDVD installed with my license key but the AnyDVD did not and I do not know how to get it to where I need to be to put in my license key for the AnyDVD. Can you please tell me how I need to do this. I can't find out if the clean install for the CloneDVD will work yet because I have now this problem with AnyDVD. Also, I checked and I am using the lastest versions of both AnyDVD and CloneDVD. Please help me to get to where I need to be to put in my license key for the AnyDVD. Thanks a bunch.

OK, I told you I wasn't that computer savvy. I went into my documents where I had saved the key for AnyDVD and opened it up, it went right into affect. DUH!!!! I will try now to see if the clean install of CloneDVD works for me from this point. I'll let you know then. Sorry for not thinking about that before I asked what I should do. I'm still learning:)

It worked!!!!! The clean install worked. Everything went through smoothly. No freeze ups at all. Thank you, sooooo much for your help.

CloneDVD is freezing up AGAIN

Well, it did work. I went through 1 complete DVD with no problems at all. I started another DVD and it froze up at 2% with 31 minutes remaining. I do not understand why this is happening when it did not happen at all when I was using the trial version. Any other ideas?

CloneDVD is freezing up AGAIN

Well, it did work. I went through 1 complete DVD with no problems at all. I started another DVD and it froze at 2% with 31 minutes remaining. I went through the process that was suggested with the CCleaner, etc. with my last post and got it all figured out and as I said before it worked great, no problems. When I started on a 2nd DVD it did the same. Any other ideas?

Well, it did work. I went through 1 complete DVD with no problems at all. I started another DVD and it froze at 2% with 31 minutes remaining. I went through the process that was suggested with the CCleaner, etc. with my last post and got it all figured out and as I said before it worked great, no problems. When I started on a 2nd DVD it did the same. Any other ideas?

1. Ensure you're using Anydvd 6.1.6.9 and Clonedvd 2.9.1.1 (or the latest releases)

2. Update your burner's firmware (if available)
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

3. Use good quality media (Memorex, Ritek, Princo, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Maxell that are not made in Japan are not good quality media). Are you using inferior blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden Premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer is yes.
If you use poor quality blank media, then you should expect problems.

visit http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4764653&postcount=25
and
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3976250

4. Try lowering your burn speed (not below 4x; if you have a 16x burner and 16x rated media try writing to it at 12x instead of 16x; an 8x burn speed on 16x rated media wouldn't be a bad idea either)

5. Do steps 3 and 4 from here:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3651 (note that step 4 requires you to post information)

I'm also having a freezing problem. I have the latest versions of Any DVD and Clone DVD. My first problem came at the very end of the writing process, message appeared saying burn process finished (100% on the progress bar), then it locked up whilst flushing buffers, never getting to the disc burned successfully dialogue box. After reading the previous post suggesting running CCLeaner and Advanced Windows Care Personal, I tried again. Now my system freezes during the read phase, the only way out of it is to do a cold re-boot. Having purchased the licence keys only recently, this is extremly frustrating. I have used both AnyDVD and Clone DVD in the past both in trial and registered formats with no problems. Please help.

I'm also having a freezing problem. I have the latest versions of Any DVD and Clone DVD. My first problem came at the very end of the writing process, message appeared saying burn process finished (100% on the progress bar), then it locked up whilst flushing buffers, never getting to the disc burned successfully dialogue box. After reading the previous post suggesting running CCLeaner and Advanced Windows Care Personal, I tried again. Now my system freezes during the read phase, the only way out of it is to do a cold re-boot. Having purchased the licence keys only recently, this is extremly frustrating. I have used both AnyDVD and Clone DVD in the past both in trial and registered formats with no problems. Please help.

Follow the steps I listed in my previous post please.

Back