• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with animated films

Luchs

Hi AnyDvD Forum, This is a problem that needs to be fixed urgently: I found out that animation films like Ice Age and others not only have different audio tracks for different languages but also different video tracks that are selected together with the audio track. If you then reunite the individual film pieces that this program creates with a video editing program and then look at the result, you will switch back and forth between the video and audio tracks in a gap of one second, which completely ruins the film experience.

A video editing program is not suitable to convert the discs.
For DVDs, you can use CloneDVD and DVDShrink (the 4.x version is fake, don't use that if you find it on google. Also that is not the best option if you want to get one single output file. There is a setting for that and it is possible, yes, but the result timestamp can be a bit broken as I discovered myself).
For BDs, use CloneBD, it is free and has no watermark as long as you don't convert it to another format (stay with lossless).
Also you can try MakeMKV, that can do both DVDs and BDs and instead of DVDShrink will create one single file.

The reason is simple. A video editing program will only take the peaces and stick them together, but these programs are designed to recognize the different languages and subtitles with the abitliy to deselect them.

The thing is that this mix of different video tracks comes out of the program and you can't change it. And it is not a bluray disk.

I think the OP may be referring to VOB's. That AnyDVD would be extracting the contents of the disc as files, which would consist of pieces called VOB's.

That's the only thing I can think of the OP may be referring to. And it wouldn't be limited to just animated films.

Unless, the OP is using some other video processing tools after AnyDVD has extracted the contents.

Hi AnyDvD Forum, This is a problem that needs to be fixed urgently: I found out that animation films like Ice Age and others not only have different audio tracks for different languages but also different video tracks that are selected together with the audio track. If you then reunite the individual film pieces that this program creates with a video editing program and then look at the result, you will switch back and forth between the video and audio tracks in a gap of one second, which completely ruins the film experience.
Use a different program. Like CloneDVD mobile. It will join the pieces together correctly.

I think the OP may be referring to VOB's. That AnyDVD would be extracting the contents of the disc as files, which would consist of pieces called VOB's.

That's the only thing I can think of the OP may be referring to. And it wouldn't be limited to just animated films.

Unless, the OP is using some other video processing tools after AnyDVD has extracted the contents.

In the Ice Age films, the video tracks were used to display the film name in the film in the language I chose. With animation, it's easier to animate the title (if it's present in the movie) in different languages to make the movie "friendlier".

Use a different program. Like CloneDVD mobile. It will join the pieces together correctly.

This program cannot crack the present copy protection. I've just tried every dvd software in the download area and it only works with "the red fox", which unfortunately only makes individual video pieces from the dvd. And the video tracks switching back and forth...

This program cannot crack the present copy protection. I've just tried every dvd software in the download area and it only works with "the red fox", which unfortunately only makes individual video pieces from the dvd. And the video tracks switching back and forth...
You have to use it while AnyDVD is running *in the background*, of course.

It works very fine. this two programs are a good team! this video is just the error description from the beginning again, now it works!

In the Ice Age films, the video tracks were used to display the film name in the film in the language I chose. With animation, it's easier to animate the title (if it's present in the movie) in different languages to make the movie "friendlier".

Oh, that sounds like branching. ILUV's. Where the video has different "angles" to display on screen text in whatever language the user selects from the menu. Films from the bigger studios like Disney, or in Ice Age's case, Fox, which now IS Disney, will often times do that to avoid having to produce copies in multiple languages. It's not just the animated movies, but they are tended to be found on those.

Where the video has different "angles" to display on screen text in whatever language the user selects from the menu.
I've already seen it in the past (my early days of using Any), and always asked myself what the heck is that.
It has been mentioned one time already last year or so, but I forgot it already. Thanks.

Back