• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

problem using dvd shrink with nti dvd maker

italo1

hello, im very new to burning dvds, i just got any dvd and im trying to use dvd shrink to disect the parts of the movie i want in order to fit it on a standard dvdr 4.7 disc. the prog im using to burn is nti dvd maker which came with my pc. my problem is when i try to locate the movie that i encoded with dvd shrink i can never seem to find it in the drive i selected it to be in. therefore im not able to burn it with nti. ive been rying to do this for days and theres probably one or two steps im missing. ive read the directions but still no luck. if any one knows a simple way for me to do this your hep would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Shrink will put the output files where you tell it to. Make sure you can find them in Windows Explorer first.

Your burning program might not "see" a DVD folder. Some of them only work with .ISO files. DVDShrink can save to disk as a DVD-folder or an ISO. User selectable.

-W

its not letting me encode it , its saying its beem used by anothr process, im not sure if im doing these steps in the right order, im totally lost

its not letting me encode it , its saying its beem used by anothr process, im not sure if im doing these steps in the right order, im totally lost
Does the program you are using expect that the files to be encoded are MPEG files rather than VOBs, etc that would normally be produced by DVD Shrink? If that is the case - it's a no go unless your product can read VOBS.

Just a thought........some bundled softwares limit the capabilities. Your version of NTI might limit it to DVD Data only? Do you know the version of the NTI that you have?

Does the program you are using expect that the files to be encoded are MPEG files rather than VOBs, etc that would normally be produced by DVD Shrink? If that is the case - it's a no go unless your product can read VOBS.

i dont remember it saying anything about vobs

Shrink can outpuut to a DVD Folder (.ifo's and VOB's etc) or it can output to an ISO file. You need to determine what your burning software wants to see and then give it what it wants.

-W

i know i choose to put it to an iso file, but still no luck, would you know ow i would do this, thanks

italo1...........Where are you saving the Shrink files to?

well ive tried saving them to the c drive d drive , documents etc, i know this sound crazy but i cant find what im saving in any of these drives, i save them but there never there.

Are you looking for them in Windows Explorer??

-W

well ive tried saving them to the c drive d drive , documents etc, i know this sound crazy but i cant find what im saving in any of these drives, i save them but there never there.

Make a folder on your desktop (name it Movie ........or whatever) and send the Shrink files there.

oh sorry i thought i said that already, ive tried saving the files to a few different drives: my documents, c drive , d drive , docs and settings and there not there.

ok guys ill try that and hopefully this time it will work , thanks

I'm new to here and forums but I believe I am having a similiar problem to Italo. I have Nero but when I burn in-process with DVD Shrink I get a frisbee so I rip my disc and hit cancel when it asks for a blank DVD. This has worked for a very long time. Then all of a sudden DVD Shrink(or Windows 7) decided I can't see my files anymore. It says they are there if you try to re-backup but they cannot be located on the hard disk. The link it shows you for the file location just tells you the "files are on a network or a hard disk not connected to this computer" I've tried ISO images, hard disk folder, and just the normal disc drive target. I've reinstalled to no avail. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to lay out all the facts

Back