• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem Updating to Ver. 6.4.2.2

joedon

I am a registered user of AnyDVD. I was using Ver 6.4.2.0 sucessfully. I got an email that Ver 6.4.2.2 is available. I downloaded 6.4.2.2 and was updating 6.4.2.0 in the same directory.
Then I got a message "Application failed to start because FRAMEDYN.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem".

I started to re-install 6.4.2.2 but got the same message. The program did update to 6.4.2.2 but I do not understand why I got this message. I did a search of my hard drive and found FRAMEDYN.DLL in C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem. File size is 182 kb dated 8/4/2004
and it is a type APPLICATION EXTENSION.

I did not try to run AnyDVD on any discs yet, but I'm not sure if it will work properly.

Please advise. :confused:

Thanks

:agree:8):agree:

Thank you mucho, DrinkLyeAndDie.

Using the Microsoft link, I found that a path was not set up to C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem. The article (Q319114) instructions are:

Verify System Variables
1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu that appears. If you receive the following error message, click OK:
rundll32.exe - Unable To Locate Component

This application has failed to start because framedyn.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
2. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
3. Click Environment Variables.
4. Under System variables, click Path, and then click Edit.

NOTE: If no Path variable is listed, click New. In the Variable name box, type Path.
5. In the Variable value box, type the following:
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\wbem
6. Click OK three times (each time that you have the option).

I then re-installed the update 6.4.2.2 and it ran as smooth as a creamcicle.
No error messages, no nothing.

You da man!

Thanks for reporting back and letting us know you got things worked out and how. :D

Back